So, the first question you are going to ask, "how do you feel?" My ever so nice response is , "fine." Truthfully, I feel as if my insides were used as a pinata, instead of candy falling I had 14 eggs fall out. Seriously, my guts kinda of hurt, as if I was used for batting or pinata practice.
I spent most of the day asleep, I know Jeff did a myriad of things. I'm just not sure exactly what all he did, but I know he did a lot while I slept.
The retrieval went good, I think. We went to the office, the Valium was nice, the IV went in nicely... so far so good. Eventually, they wheeled me back, in to the room with the clouds on the ceiling. At this point, I got to be strapped on the stirrups , so I would not "kick the doctor." Then what felt like forever, I was laying there all exposed (trash bag under me to catch God knows what), finally the drugs kicked in. Then I was happy.
Bottom line is everything went as well as could be expected. Tomorrow we get our fertility report so we hope a few of these eggs fertilized, and that they keep growing. If nothing fertilizes, when then this cycle is over. So, we are really praying for a good fertility report tomorrow. It's all in God's and some lab techs hands.
Wow, 14 eggs sounds like a lot to work with! A big "clutch" (to use a bird term). For fun I looked in my field guides for some birds that lay that many at once. Apparantly, you could go toe to webbed-foot with the likes of Whistling Ducks, Wood Ducks, and the American Coot (e.g., Toledo Mud Hen!), and outlay any of them. Now THAT is something to brag about!! Good luck today, I am sending Fertile Thoughts ;-) your way and looking forward to your update!
ReplyDeleteCan't say enough how proud I am of the two of you. You have been so upbeat through this ordeal. As I've said before, I love seeing the two of you together. You just exude love and respect for each other. Anxiously awaiting news on your progress......but what a biology lesson you gave Willy while on your drugs yesterday!
ReplyDelete