
So, why all these different drugs? God knows that picture looks as if I have been partaking on the "good stuff." But I mean why all these fertility drugs? Some lady asked that question on the infertility website . Here is what I learned. Think of the egg as a plant (this is going to be very abstract so I hope you follow me here). The follistim was to help the plant drop a lot of seeds (i.e. follicles- which we have 10-12 of). Now today, I did menapur (there is a story I will tell about it in a second). The menopur is supposed to act like a fertilizer - I think Miracle Grow- to help the follicles develop into nice mature eggs (this takes a few days). So, in affect, I am miracle growing my follicles. How cool is that? Unfortunately, the box of the menopur is not near as fun as my Miracle Grow liquid I use for my outdoor plants. But, it is pretty yellow color.
Now, back to this menopur. I felt like a mad scientist. The menopur is a powder in a vial, it comes with a few vials of liquid as well. So, what I had to do was draw up 1 ml of liquid, inject it into the first vial of powder (it dissolves better than kool-aid FYI), draw up that mixture, put it in the second vial of powder, draw that back to the syringe, then out it all in the third vial of powder. Finally, I draw all that back to the syringe and inject. Yep that bad boy burned like mad. That better be some good miracle grow.
I had my acupuncture appointment today as well. That was way cool. I had needles in the top of my head, in my ears (very odd), down my shins and in my feet. Once those were in, they have to "bake" (her term not mine) for some time. While my needles were baking, she did some cranial sacrial therapy as well. Now, what that feels like is a hand on my butt and a second hand on my lower back (I was laying face up, I'm still not sure how the shear weight of me did not crush her hands). What is happening is she is helping with the flow of my cerebral spinal fluid. Had I not read articles about this stuff, I would have thought it to be weird voo-doo like sleep medicine. (My feeling on sleep is a different post all together- looking at brain waves is voo-doo, however I know it can save lives and such) Anyway, my fluid and chi are flowing much better now. I have a follow up appointment on Saturday.
That is the news today! Hope you all have a good day!!! Also, I hope you enjoyed the picture of Jeff and I as Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley from KISS. We made the masks and I hope you noticed my chest hair! LOL ! (for non-IM'ers that means Laugh out Loud)
Now, back to this menopur. I felt like a mad scientist. The menopur is a powder in a vial, it comes with a few vials of liquid as well. So, what I had to do was draw up 1 ml of liquid, inject it into the first vial of powder (it dissolves better than kool-aid FYI), draw up that mixture, put it in the second vial of powder, draw that back to the syringe, then out it all in the third vial of powder. Finally, I draw all that back to the syringe and inject. Yep that bad boy burned like mad. That better be some good miracle grow.
I had my acupuncture appointment today as well. That was way cool. I had needles in the top of my head, in my ears (very odd), down my shins and in my feet. Once those were in, they have to "bake" (her term not mine) for some time. While my needles were baking, she did some cranial sacrial therapy as well. Now, what that feels like is a hand on my butt and a second hand on my lower back (I was laying face up, I'm still not sure how the shear weight of me did not crush her hands). What is happening is she is helping with the flow of my cerebral spinal fluid. Had I not read articles about this stuff, I would have thought it to be weird voo-doo like sleep medicine. (My feeling on sleep is a different post all together- looking at brain waves is voo-doo, however I know it can save lives and such) Anyway, my fluid and chi are flowing much better now. I have a follow up appointment on Saturday.
That is the news today! Hope you all have a good day!!! Also, I hope you enjoyed the picture of Jeff and I as Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley from KISS. We made the masks and I hope you noticed my chest hair! LOL ! (for non-IM'ers that means Laugh out Loud)
Ah, now that's more like the Jeff I met... but, like, with a perm or something! And plus the make-up.
ReplyDelete