Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 19--- Confessions of a Lupron Junkie....

Yep, I'm still shooting up. Tonight is the last night for lupron only. Tomorrow we begin stimming - I'm gonna start growing "follicles" - we can call them starter eggs. Neat-o, huh. Nothing too exciting to note today. I belong to a website with other people dealing with IVF. I'm involved with a particular group that is all cycling the same time I am. Currently, there are about 20ish people in our group. We are from around the country all trying to make this crazy roller coaster of infertility stop. So, it's nice to commiserate with other ladies who are on these goofy drugs. The bummer of it, is it reminds me this is still not a sure thing. Some of these ladies are on IVF #10. I cannot imagine doing this 10 times. There is really no way I could. Of course on a financial aspect, Jeff and I would be living in a tent on one of your lawns. Not quiet how we'd like to spend our time, plus most of you know I'm not the best camper.

One lady is doing a "shared risk" program a a different facility in Cincinnati. What that means is she has paid over $14,000 up front for the chance of doing this IVF thing 6 times. If after 6 times she is not preggo, she gets some of her "investment" back. However, if she gets PG on IVF #1, the program has made some serious cash on her. We were offered a similar shared risk, at this point, we are kind of placing our eggs in this basket (haha- I'm funny) and hoping this one works. Other ladies are lucky to have insurance cover their costs. In specific states, like Maryland, IVF coverage is mandatory. However, here in Ohio, they'd rather us be 16, non-tax payers and have babies. We are so behind the times. At least that smoking ban passed- excuse my un-excitement on that one. Maybe I need to consider politics. One more thing, the US has closed all adoptions to Russia currently. We also stopped adoptions in Romania, just to name a few. I try to keep up on all that just in case Jeff and I have 6 weeks of vacation we could spend adopting abroad. Maybe I could ask Angelina or Madonna to pick a kid up for us next time they visit somewhere. I try to stay up to date, you just never know where this IF journey is going to take me.

Sorry this is so blah. I still feel fat and tired. I have a white t-shirt on and I swear I look like a marshmallow. Ugh. Well, Medium is on, so I'm going to veg and watch it. I will do my best to have a better topic tomorrow.... maybe I can talk about how Higgins snores, and I am considering getting anti-fart pills for Magnum. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, geez, Kim... Had I know about MD's laws, I wouldn't have sold my house in Denton... I would have moved you in, let you set up your home office there, etc... Oh well, you are stuck with your hubby in Ohio instead.

    ReplyDelete