Low and behold, I get the mail on Saturday and a neat little letter from Cigna is in there. It states that, they needed to review the "medical necessity" of the bilateral MRI of my breasts. Really, the biopsy came back positive for cancer, I'd think an MRI is "medically necessary." Thankfully, the approvers at Cigna, agreed with my Doctor, Doctor Google and myself and stated it was covered, and medically necessary. MRIs are medically necessary, asking them to buy me a 12 pack of beer, I could see why that would not be covered.
I believe I am on the tip of the iceberg of again, dealing with insurance. I am thankful all my appeals and fighting I did with them last year, on behalf on my Mom, has prepared me to not allow them to bully me around. Jerks.
MRI update.
Well, there was some news. Righty (the lady with the cancer issue), showed she has a few more nodular lumps in the same area as the "known" area. It is difficult to see if they are part of the same process of the IDC, or the beginning of things going wacky. So, right wins more testing, she will be having a detailed Ultrasound (let's hope that is medically necessary too....). If these guys are beginning to show f-nut status (invasive ductal carcinoma), that means the teeny tiny spot we saw is closer now to 1.5 inches or so. Size wise we have jumped from a 1/16th of an inch to a 1.5 inch size. The location of this is in the 12 to 3 o'clock position. So, it's the part I try to create to be cleavage when I use my chicken boobs and a giant push up bra, that is the part affected. The good news, Lymph nodes are CLEAR!!!! Woo-hoo (please read that in your best Homer Simpson voice)
THEN, lefty. What?! Yep, lefty decided she was lonely and needed attention. Two spots decided to glow on my MRI over there, one in the upper left one on the lower left. My Doc and Dr. Google both feel it could be normal boob stuff (like the lump I had in 2000), but incase it's not, lefty gets to have an Ultrasound too!! Thank God my Co-pay is simply for the 1 visits and not $40 per boob.
I did meet with the genetic counselor and that data is still out. It must take awhile to count genes in the real world. Because on NCIS, they have all the DNA analysis done in a matter of seconds.
How is Kim?
Kim had a woe is me party yesterday. It happens. Then on my Facbook feed a picture popped up to snap me out of it. A little girl, one day older than my CC, is still fighting her fight with cancer. If she can be brave and deal with this, then by God, that is the last "Woe is Kim party" I will be attending. She is only 6, and has an entire life ahead of her. My prayers to Angelina; that little munchkin will kick Cancer's ass and go back to being a KID. Cancer should not happen to anyone, but it certainly should not happen to kids.
We will know more after the ultrasound. You know, providing Cigna doesn't call to say - Hey mind going to the free clinic to get that done to save some cash? Or telling me "No that isn't necessary!"
A boring update, but this is the hurry up and wait game. I think I'm winning so far :)
Your a winner and your winning!
ReplyDelete