The lovely anesthesiologists did their job; no barfing! That was a LOVELY cocktail they concocted. Two thumbs up!
Dr. Miller was able to go in and find two happy nodes. They are off to be analyzed and we should have the results by the end of the week. Visually they looked good, but we need to see what the pathologists seem to think. Remember Dude who stated during the core biopsy it "felt" benign. I don't believe any of it until the pathologist tells me.
I can tell the following, someone had a lot of pressure on my mandible, as I am a bit bruised at the joint. The area they cleaned my skin with something and I am all broken out. Apparently, my skin does not like to be clean. I have three spots of blue on the right "girl" from where they injected the blue dye. And I still have some numbness around that area. Otherwise, I'm looking good! I was closed up with internal stiches and steri-strips. The steri-strips are now long gone and this is my memento from my Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy. I'm pretty sure my dreams of being an arm pit model have now been squashed. Oh well.
| Nice scar, no make up and all 6 chins
|
I must have been on some GREAT stuff on Friday. Let's just say I have LIMITED memory of any of the things I saw I posted on Facebook. I was on fire posting. Let's do a little "Kim is high on legal medication" photo parade...
First here we are, 100% with it as the youngest people in Same Day surgery.
Then came the fancy gown:
Kim wears glasses in public photo (also last 100% non-medicated photo)
Post Surgery, higher than a kite, with suction canister hat.
So, all in all it went as good as anticipated. I even followed all the post op instructions. I was SORE Friday night into Saturday. By Sunday I felt really good. On Monday, I even walked 2 miles. I wanted to run, but it was not in the cards (my pit hurt when I swung my arm).
All in all, I am ready to get the results to see what is next!!!
Thanks again for all the prayers and positive energy-- it is working!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment