Friday, June 29, 2012

HOT, HUMID, and a HUNDRED

It's hot.

I know everyone around these parts know it's hot, humid and will reach 100 again.  This is how the lovely mid-west is:  Hot and Humid in the summer, we celebrate Fall for a few days, then snow/ice/wintery mix for a few months, then it rains a ton, we get a few nasty storms, maybe a tornado warning or 8, then a few nice days or sunshine and 80 degrees, then we are back to HOT and HUMID and a HUNDRED.  I really hate the HOT, HUMID and a HUNDRED (with our without the damn heat index it's still fricking HOT).

Here we go, truth be told I.Hate.Summer. I do. I hate hot, so I better never be going to hell, or I will be the biggest whiner Satan has ever had.


I like snow, I like cold, I like WIND CHILL. At least one can escape the wind chill by going inside to cosey up by the fire place.  Ahhhh....winter, I miss you.

But, Heat? This can really never be escaped. Unless you turn your AC down to 65, and then enjoy paying that $1000 bill.  Blah, our AC doesn't drop below 74. Nor does it rise about 74. Jeff says it's too cold, I say put on a sweatshirt. 74 is the best compromise we can come up with.  I sit here at 74 degress in a tank top, shorts, and still think it's a little warm.

The husband LOVES this heat. LOVES IT.  I consider him a freak of nature.  God love him, the poor guy works out in this crap, kinda. He works in a shop, fixing cars, sweating his tush off.  So, remember, if you get your car worked on this summer -- add about 10 degrees to the thermometer and that is what my husband is working in.  Yesterday, their shop got to 109. I do not know how Jeff does it. I offered to ditch the kids and bring him some ice cubes. HOT.

The kids are enjoying spending the time naked in their pool.  They own bathing suits, they waer them, however, they do not like getting their suits wet.  Maybe next year they will figure it out :)

I just needed to type something, this blog has been dead since the ABC's were completed. 

I will try to do better, but, right now, this heat is sucking out all good ideas.   

2 Cool Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment