You ask, "What's his Mother like?"
I want to respond, "She's looking you right in the eye!" Instead, I understand you are asking about his Birth Mother. I answer your question, because I am polite and I am sure I've made the same mistake before. Back before I knew any better.
You ask, "Does he look like his father?"
I want to respond, "You've seen him, what do you think?" Instead, I understand you are asking about his Birth Father. I answer your question, as I understand what you are asking.
I should stop and correct you, but I don't. If you were a stranger, I probably would use some of my best sarcasm for you. Instead... I don't. I am polite and too polite to point out your oversight. I know you mean no harm, but your very basic questions do cut a bit.
I am his Mother.
My husband is his father.
CC is his little sister.
Together we are a family.
Please just treat us like one.
No comments:
Post a Comment