Last weekend, we went to a FAVORITE art fair. Totally sound very NOT Kim and Jeff, right? Well, about 8 years ago on a very boring Saturday, I drug Jeff to this Art Fair. We learned they served beer (honest to God that is how I initially got Jeff to go). But, little did we realize we started our own little tradition. We have not missed a "Summerfair" in over 8 years.
In those eight years, as a couple, we have had quiet a metamorphosis. Our first year, we went, naively, seeing these beautiful handcrafted rocking chairs - perfect for a nursery. I remember young Jeff and Kim, taking a business card thinking, "We will need to call these people soon!" At that time, young Jeff and Kim had NO IDEA how hard their road to parenthood would be. Years later, we did purchase that rocking chair, in hope that our adoption dreams would come true. About a month and a half later, they did. But, that rocking chair, sat alone, in an empty room painted blue. Just patiently waiting....
Then, it became part of what it was meant for:
| I love this picture of these two from October 2008 |
I could bore you to tears with all the cool things we have purchased from Summerfair. This year, we added a cool penguin, a pig and a lady bug to our lawn art, and a clay plaque that makes me giggle.
The clay plaque is my inspiration for W --- WINE.
"Drink Wine and you will sleep well.
Sleep well and you will not Sin.
Avoid Sin and you will be saved.
Ergo- Drink wine and be saved."
-Old German Proverb
I might not be German, but I cannot find a flaw in that logic....
No comments:
Post a Comment