Monday, April 23, 2007

Days 7, 8 and 9


Photo Caption: Do you have a monkey on your back?
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Jeff and I went house shopping, nothing too serious, but we (or I) am curious what's out there. So, to get my mind off the whole IVF situation, there is nothing more relaxing than pondering buying a house. Great idea, huh? Well, it has been a great diversion. I've been doing a lot of home improvement projects (some at my address, some at other addresses), I think it helps. It makes me focus on something else, not just "Oh God it's 8pm, I have to go shoot up now..." But I can shoot-up, then keep on going. For the record, the other day, I did my shot and hit a vein -- now that hurt. I bruised myself. So, I hate to say it, but I am tired of stabbing myself with sharp objects. In the end I know it will be worth it. I guess I'm just in a bit of a "blah." We are still using the same shots, still waiting for Aunt Flo, still eating my Flintstones vitamins (yuck- but better than the pre-natal ones that made me nauseated). So, still waiting...to help take my mind off the "blah" let's look for a house!

After looking at some of these homes, I cannot believe people put their home on the market in the shape they are. Seriously. One house, every wall behind a door had a hole in it from people slamming the door open. (can we say dry wall patch?) And it had this odd disco floor in the basement. Very weird. So, we found one we liked (OK, there are 2 but the first house we liked, they seem to not want to sell). The second house is very nice. But, now the reality of, "if they accept our offer...then what?" The reality of moving, is so overwhelming. Therefore, I find myself in a quandary...OK, I am ready to move on out of this house. But I love our neighbors, and the location. I do feel claustrophobic in the office and we really want a bigger place especially for the holidays. We like you all, typically we have ya'll over, we just now want ROOM for everyone. This house has room and a nice yard. Over all, nice house, it looks a bit odd from the outside, but it's nice. It has neat features like a sink that lights up (honestly, the bowl is glass and it light up from underneath-- no night light needed), a beautiful bay window in the dinning room, an office and 4 bedrooms. So, PLENTY of space. But, what if I have 3 extra bedrooms we never need? OK, one can be for stamps, I guess then the dogs can have a room, the cats can have the other. But, what if I never need those bedrooms? I think I feel if we buy a 4 bedroom home prior to they cycle being completed, we might jinx ourselves. See, now I'm really going off the deep end. I do not want bad juju. I think rational Kim just left the building.

Anyway, another fun and pointless rant by me. We may or may not continue house shopping. But if we do close on that house, and I'm knocked up..... I plan on playing the "I'm 4 minutes pregnant I cannot lift that spoon!" Yep, maybe it's not bad juju, it's just thinking positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment