Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 11 -- Today's number is 40


So, why is today's number 40? Well after shooting up tonight and seeing blood (I hit another vein- so it's not all blubber in my stomach :) ), I thought hmmm... how many needles are in this bio hazard container? There are 2 ways I could figure this out.
1. Look at my calenders and count the number of days I've shot up
2. Empty bio hazard container and count them

Yep, I went with option number 2. When I placed them all in the sink, it looked like I was a junky. What "normal" person has 40 used syringes hanging around? I guess IVF people, diabetics, and well, junkies. A very small group of people. Yep 40...that is a lot of days stabbing myself and refraining from beer. Yep 40. OK the amazing thing here is, the doctor stated the meds I have only contain 20 days of shooting up in them. Yet I have 40! I'm a bit perplexed with that math. You all know very well that math is not my thing, but that does not add up. Maybe I have the bottomless vial of lupron.

I have an idea. Hey, come on over if you wanna see what forced menopause is like! Some people have botox parties, I say let's do lupron! Woo-hoo we can all hot flash together. We will not mind the mood swings, we will all be cranky! How much fun it that? And for any male readers, come on over and see how Jeff copes! A man who has given up beer to support his wife. [If you have stock in Miller lite, expect a drop soon. A few stop-n-robs are going to have lower profits this month with us no longer buying.]But, come over see how he copes! I figure in another week, he'll begin "organizing the garage" just to escape. For all I know he might have a secret beer stash out there for when I go REALLY nutty. We are like a carnie act [Carnival Act for those unfamiliar with a 'carnie']. However, it will be minus the fried squirrel on a stick (you know carnival's always have something odd fried on a stick). Wait that might solve yesterday's squirrel issue...hmmm. I can hear the caller now: "Check out Lupron Girl and the Nicest Guy in the World." Yep some carnie act. Maybe we can dress up Mag as the bearded lady, no he's more like "See the dog who farts while stretching or sitting or sleeping!" For Higgins, well Higgins can be his own special act, he likes to roll in things. This whole act might help us finance this whole cycle. What a creative idea...

Anyway, nothing too bad today. Same old same old. I had to call in for more drugs; our new insurance plan makes me use their special pharmacy. However, their pharmacy is awful. My old pharmacy could get my prescription and ship it out the same day. With our new stupid pharmacy, it takes them "24-48 hours" to "process" my prescription. 24 to 48 hours to read a faxed order. That amazes me. I had to have the doctor call their pharmacist to make mine a "rush" order. What a pain. Insurance sucks now. I went from a super friendly and nice company in New Jersey (I know, New Jersey! But they had the nicest and kindest people), to this pharmacy; the most idiotic ass-backwards one. [was that a run on sentence?] AND they still owe me a call from January to tell me they are shipping my order. [was that sentence still running? maybe a marathon sentence there.] Right, 24-48 hours to process and then they call, that has yet to happen. Stupid insurance company.

Also,we are still waiting for Aunt Flo to visit. If you do not know who Aunt Flo is, let's just say she is not a "family relation." She has 3 more days to come, if not, then I still have to go to the doctor to be checked. Hopefully either she comes as needed, or the check goes OK and we still get the green light to proceed. But, we still do not know...we are still in a holding pattern. I'm getting bored in the holding pattern. However, if you want to join me on a lupron trip, let me know. The new drugs come in tomorrow.

One more thing, that house we are not buying....Yep the price dropped. It's a great price and a nice house, but it just doesn't feel like "THE" house. Do you have a gut reaction to a house and just know it's the one?

Finally, does any one know a good exterminator (I have the word today)? We have these weird large flying ants freaking me out. I think I want them gone. Any ideas??? Email me if you have any suggestions! Thanks for reading, sorry so long!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, Maybe you can train the squirrels to eat they flying things, thus filling their bellies and solving two issues at once. The could become part of your carnie act....and I don't mean as the appetizer....do carnivals even have appetizers?

    ReplyDelete