Friday, April 20, 2007

Days 4, 5 and 6 --- The Crazies


Seriously. I need to vent here. If you are one of these people, CHANGE YOUR WAYS!

I am basically a very nice person (in my opinion), a little cranky sometimes, but generally I'm pretty nice. I deal with people all day. Grant it some customers have some real issues, some issues are our fault (bugs in our software), but seriously, some people are irritating. Let's do a good for instance.... For instance, I bought an antenna at Radio Shack. My fat cat Rudey consistently loves to rub against the plug that goes into the outlet for this antenna. So, this means Rudey basically unplugs this antenna a lot. So, I take responsibility that my fat cat unplugs this, so when it's unplugged, I reach down and plug it back in. Viola problem solved. It's not Radio Shacks issue, it's my special fat cat's issue. However, if I was one of the Crazies, I'd do the following...

I'd call Radio Shack, tell them how crappy their antenna is, I would then demand a engineering change on it, then demand a manager talk to me to take me complaints seriously. There will be NO POINT IN TIME that I add in the fact my fat cat unplugs this thing a lot, I will state the plug just "falls out of the outlet." Then I will continue to complain that my TV reception is horrible. However, as the Tech Support agent troubleshoots, I will neglect to tell them two things 1. The TV is OFF, 2. The antenna is unplugged. After 1 hour I will mention "Oh I'm sorry the TV is off, did you want it on?" So basically, my complaint is stupid, I am challenged because I could not figure out to have the TV on for troubleshooting, and I am wasting Radio Shacks time.

To get my jest, people call me with STUPID questions which are not my company's fault. They will call me to ask "how do I save a file from my email to a floppy disk" (the anser I want to say is :Call any 8 year old, they can tell you) or "where can I find solitaire?" (that answer I'd love to give has something to do with them not working and the rising costs of healthcare, etc) Seriously, do these sounds like calls that should go to technical support for a MEDICAL DEVICE? I think not.

So, if you are a crazie and/or cranky person, be nice to your help desk people and any technical support people you run across. We typically understand your frustration with specific issues, but only yell at us when necessary- not consistently. It's hard to be nice when some crazie is yelling at me because he has now idea how to turn on a computer (yes it's happened). But, if you can, try to verbally reproduce any noise the item is making ("It's making a clicking noise like 'click, clliiiiiick, scliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.' Do you know what that means?). Typically we have no idea what you are talking about but the sound effects make us laugh.

Sorry for the rant, but I swear the IQ of certain customers is decreasing as the days go by. It's very scary, either they cannot think critically or just do not want to think for themselves. I just wonder how these people function on a day to day basis.

Next thought, good luck to the crazies when I begin the "good" shots. I hope I can continue to be nice. I am frightened I might snap and actually tell them where to go and how to get there fast. OK that is my rant.

Shots are OK for now, I've got the side effects of feeling really bloated/fat and I am just tired. Otherwise things are good. We are kind of house shopping. The house I like, the people are refusing to sell, so I do not understand why the darn house is on the market. Weirdo's.

Well I hope you all have a great weekend, and try to be nice to those people in customer service. The picture is of Mag, I'm trying to train him to answer the phones. But right now all he does in the office is sleep and fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment