Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 10

I am still feeling, well blah. I swear the meds have made me stupid. It took me 3 tries to figure out the following description "person who kills bugs for money." Yep, I was looking for the word exterminator. There have been a few other instances of lapses of thought. I guess it happens. I'm slowly going nutty, I am tired and I think that cranky Kim is about to rear her ugly head. I can feel it coming on, as I type here, I'm getting cranky and tired. This whole lupron, i.e mini-menopause, is not so fun. I'm not really looking forward to the real thing.

A couple things today, we are not buying a house. A couple people smarter than myself, reminded me that I needed to "de-stress" not add more stress. Good thinking. So, we are on hold. Who knows, by next week I might have a contractor back here asking for estimates to add on. You just never know.

But today's random thought, which made me laugh at myself was the following. We have a few bird feeders in the back yard. Well this weekend I have been watching those fat squirrels act like James Bond squirrel to eat the food. You know the squirrel, the one who scales down a feeder, looks around, works his way in the feeder to eat, then falls off because they let go. Then I laugh when they fall off. But today, Higgins bolted off the porch to scare away any birds. There were no birds at the feeders. So, I obviously went to fill them up. I hooked the feeders on the tree, and did this special thingy to try to keep out the fat squirrels (yeah right). FYI, I am NOT a fan of squirrels since they ruined my well tended vegetable garden last year. I have a score to settle which those....rats with fluffy tails. Back at hand, so I'm filling the feeders and placing them back in the trees. It dawns on me that I am luring in small animals (birds and stupid squirrels) so Higgins and Magnum can chase them. I'm not feeding nature, I'm helping my dogs give these animals heart attacks. Now, I kind of feel bad. It all began with me wanting to see some pretty birds, which I have. However, there are those crows and pigeons (not so cute- but it's good to see the crows have recovered from West Nile). Well, I have to say, even I've asked the dogs, "Where are the birdies?" BOM, they bolt off the deck, jump over the stairs to chase the birds. So I am luring bird in our yard for those very slow dogs that think they could catch one. I doubt they could. Then again last year I would have told you I doubted a bunny would nest in my back yard (no that did not end well and we will NOT be discussing the bunny murders). Therefore, if any thing occurs to a bird I will be considered an accomplice. Anything happens to a squirrel-- sucks to be a squirrel in our yard. Give me a couple weeks of stims, Cranky Kim might become a good shot with an air rifle. Then again, if you've met me, you know I'd never touch a gun....unless a squirrel was in my vegetable garden. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment