Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A funny thing happened while under anesthesia...

Well, I have gotten complaints! I feel like I'm going to confession. Forgive me readers for I have not written, it's be 10 days since my last post.

Finally, something rather funny has occurred. Last night, Jeff and I were hold down the couch watching TV. An episode of The Simpsons came on the telly. Jeff got this annoyed look on his face and stated, "We just saw this one." I looked at him with a blank stare (as I often do when perplexed) and I said, "I've never seen this episode." Then comes the infamous, "OH..." Jeff then goes to say, "I told you this while you were in the recovery room." He looks at me like I must remember, I of course have NO IDEA what he is referring to. Then comes out the story.

First, I have a small correction, last post I stated I was in recovery for 45 minutes. I was wrong. I was WAY wrong. Jeff informed me after reading the post it was closer to 3 hours. So, during those 3 hours he apparently told me this story. I have NO recollection of an of this.....

During my surgery, Jeff did some basic wondering around the hospital, got a drink, just tried to waste some time (remember the surgery was 30 minutes long). Then he meandered back into the family waiting area. He turned on the DVD player to watch The Simpsons, not soon after, a man sat next to him. Jeff instinctively closed the DVD player a bit, I guess in case The Simpsons became an instant naughty DVD. Anywho, the man was Dr. A. Dr. A and Jeff spoke for awhile, according to Jeff. So, while I was all drooling and drugged, they were discussing the new Simpsons movie coming out. Dr. A explained what they did to me, and that someone would be coming in to get him to go to recovery with me. With this news, Jeff goes out into the hall to walk around for a few minutes. Jeff returns back to the family waiting area when this nurse type person walking in asking for Jeff. While Jeff tries to get this lady's attention, she focuses on another man. Jeff figures that guy must be a Jeff too.

Guess what. That lady apparently took this strange man to my recovery room (or close to it). He went, "I have no idea who that crazy drugged up lady is." The stranger went back to the family room, the nurse now asked for "Mr. WHO-well." Apparently that is Jeff. Needless to say, Jeff finally got to me. I am just dumbfounded this happened. Only in my drugged up, post-op world could something happen like that. I'm glad I am laughing, or soon we might be the new owners of Christ Hospital. How does the name Kim's Big Ole WHO-Well Hospital sound?

My post-op is on Thursday. I will know then the test results and our next plan of action. I'll keep you all updated. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment