Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Day 17

Relaxing Sunset, Hawaii, the Big Island 2005


We went to the doctor. The blob is still there, I'm beyond frustrated. I'm angry, devastated, terrified and pissed that infertility sucks this badly. Excuse the language, but it sucks. However, the blob is currently being call a uterine polyp. I googled it, it sounds like some of my uterine cells got a little crazy, decided they did not want to be part of the uterus wall, and created a blob. I'm hoping this is a very run of the mill, we see it everyday polyp. If it's interesting or atypical I will be very upset.

So, what does this all mean? Here is the run down of events....



1. I keep shooting up. Providing this is a boring polyp (crossing fingers here!), we may be able to salvage our cycle and keep going to the next step. Plus, I read on google that estrogen can anger these polyps so having low estrogen levels right now is probably a good thing.

2. The next procedure is Friday, Feb 16th. Apparently it's not a big deal, but I do get knocked out for it. Last time I "went under" Jeff says I was funny. I love Valium..... Anyway, apparently for my pre-op they insert some medicated seaweed in me (I swear to God she said seaweed). This is supposed to help dilate my cervix. So, apparently seaweed is not just good for sushi, but for dilating a cervix. Who knew? Then for the procedure, they use a fiber optic camera to go hunting for the polyp and remove it. So, I get to be on camera, I might as well sell some tickets and try to make some money.

Now, providing they remove the polyp and things are boring, we continue with the cycle. However, they MAY make me stop, then try again in a few months. A lot just depends on how the 16th goes. So, we are still shooting up and trying not to freak out.




Posts might be more random now, but I will update as things occur, or I have some weird random thought. Take care ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment