Well, let me back up. I went to my pre-op on Thursday. Dr. A saw me and is performing the surgery. He's so nice. He determined I did not need the seaweed treatment, BUT he does want to cancel my cycle. So, that sucks after 25 days of shooting up, I am done for awhile. A big bummer, but I kind of agree with him. This surgery will end up aggravating my uterus, and I'd like to not place embryo's in an angry uterus. So, I think letting it heal first is a good idea. Logical Kim agrees with the doctor, but emotional Kim thinks it sucks. I still hate how much a roller coaster this whole infertility thing is. It's amazing they say it affects 1 of 4 women. So, of my college roommates, I am the one. That is pretty scary. Anyway, back to the soap opera.
Friday- Surgery Day
I wake up, get cleaned up. As Jeff and I are going to the car, it occurred to me that when you want the dog to go to the vet, you make up a story. For instant, " Wanna go to gramma's?" As soon as I say that those dogs are in the car in a flash. I was teasing Jeff, he should ask me "Wanna go to Target?" We ALL know I'd be in the car ready to go spend money... Then Jeff would have to make up a story that we are going to a new Target and that is why he is going a different way. Oh the goofy things I think of pre-surgery.
We finally get to the hospital, check in, get to my "room." Then we watch a movie, "Talladega Nights." OK, all I can think of is when I am high on the drugs, this movie is going to be even MORE hysterical, then it always is. The nurse tells us the doctor is a little backed up, and running later. No big deal, I am already in the fashionable gown by this point, there was NO turning back. Therefore, we watch the movie, everything is moving pretty slowly. She puts in my IV, my stupid vein rolls and decides to be difficult. So, she gets to dig around for it. Just like the blood draw lady from a few posts ago. It was a good looking vein, it just did not behave for the needle, lucky me. So, all of a sudden things go from to slow to ready to go?
The nurse, puts the happy juice in my IV with the 2 anti-nausea shots. Then I begin to feel the joy spread through me.....
Things people say under the influence of drugs before surgery....
Nice Nurse: We just put the Atavan in your IV it should take affect soon.
Nice nurse then turns off the over head light....
Drugged up Kim: Have you ever considered putting a black light in here? That would make this room look so much cooler. [Then I get wheeled away to the OR....]
Now, we are in the OR, I am under the influence of some very nice drugs....
Nice Dr. A: So, Kim are you ready to get rid of your polyp?
Drugged Kim: Sure, the polyp is attached to me, but I'm not very attached to it.
Nice Dr. A Hey that is funny, can I use it?
Drugged Kim: Sure
Anaesthesiologist: Kim we are going to give you somethings for.....[I fall off to lala land]
Next, I wake up feeling like absolute crap in the recovery room. I know Jeff is in there but all I can do is sleep and be in annoying pain. The nice nurse comes in, asks how I feel ,"Awful" is my reply. She comes back in with MORE anti-nausea drugs (shots 3 and 4 for nausea), and a Vikodin. (FYI I keep having to ask Jeff what she gave me because I keep forgetting). Once those all kicked in, I felt SOOOO much better. Then in another 45 minutes we finally left for home.
All in all, everything is fine. The polyp was bigger than they originally thought, but it's gone now. The polyp has left the Kim.
Holy cow... is it rude if I was LMAO while reading your report about your surgery? I mean, that is why you post the blog, right, for my personal entertainment? Seriously, though, I'm sorry about the further delay, but after such a long process, what's a couple more months (or whatever they will require), right? Especially if it gives your uterus time for some anger management classes. And I'm really glad you are home and recovering.
ReplyDeleteP.S.. Did they give you a Target gift receipt for the polyp?
It's not too late to make, er - um, I mean "ask" Jeff to take you to Target. You deserve a treat for being a good girl (my furr kids get a trip to Rallys after their vet appointments)!!
ReplyDeleteSooooo .... when are you going to put all of this into a book? Perhaps your friend Susan could be your co-editor as it appears she is as talented (translate to warped) as you. Her comments are quite amusing ....
I am sorry that your journey has been delayed!! But I am very happy that you are doing fine! xoxo to you and Jeff.
Mel