Tuesday, May 29, 2012

R

Real life. Real life is not what I watch in those silly Hallmark movie channel movies. 

Real life is that moment, I become brave enough to take my two kids to the Zoo, alone. I must say, I expected the worst, but we all had one of our best days together.

Real life is the moment your husband calls you laughing. Apparently, your "self-sufficient" potty trained 2 year old fell in the toilet and got stuck.

Real life is the moment a sweet memory of hand feeding birds goes horrible wrong when one daring bird decides to land on your son's head.

Real life is traveling away from home from your family, but knowing your reunion will be extra sweet.

Real life is knowing, I don't know a lot of things--- but my Mom does :)

Real life is taking the time to enjoy the silly things; like two little sweet kids jumping in a swimming pool exclaiming, "Cantaloupe!" You know they are wanting to say the word, "Cannonball!" But, you do not even pause to try to correct them.

Real life is seeing an unflattering picture of yourself, but thinking the moment it was taken there was SO much joy around, so, you did not delete it.

Real life is asking your husband to teach you how to use a volt meter- just in case.

Real life is doing what is best for your family, even when other people question your choice.

Real life... yes, I find it all around me. It's around all of us. It's up to each of us to live in the moment of real life.  Live in the moment, take what serves you and feeds your soul.  Then toss away all that crap.  The crappy part of real life is the stuff I need to let roll off and not hang around. However, the most important part of living in the moment and in real life is to learn from it and enjoy the ride.

Here are a few real life pictures from last week:
Last Day of Pre-School

Fun on the slip-n-slide



Bathing Beauty

Silly Face

Sillier face


Pure Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment