Friday, May 18, 2012

Q

Quality.

This is a true story, about a frazzled Mom trying to get two children to two different places.

Frazzled Mom (ahem, me) finished up her delightful work day with a giant smile, prepared snacks for the kids, as well as remembered to grab the I-pad for her son.  The darling son (Connor) was going to hang out with his Father for 10 minutes at work.  In order to keep Connor from learning to use an impact wrench or turning rotors by the age of 3, I thought to bring along the trusty babysitter, I mean I-Pad2.

I got the kids in the car, juices in the cup holders, and off we went.  We left quickly, as we were running late. No big surprise there.

About 2.5 miles from our house, I was thinking of items to tick off my mental to-do list, "OK, we have snacks, juice, I-pad. Hmmm, why is the I-pad not on my passenger seat? Let's think, I grabbed it from the house. Set it on the hood of the car, put CC in her car seat, then Connor fell off a container of cat litter. I kissed his boo-boo, put him in the car, and then I got in the car. And OMG, I SET IT ON THE HOOD OF THE CAR?!" Oh crap, my heart sank. Being all frazzled, I left the damn I-Pad on the hood of my car as I drove off. Shit.  I just lost the I-pad...

But, what do my wondering eyes see???? MY I-PAD STILL RIDING ON THE HOOD OF MY CAR.  This was a cross between a Christmas miracle and the parting of the Red Sea. How could this be?! I heard the angels sing as I saw my light blue I-Pad cover gleaming in the sunlight.

Gently, I pulled my car over and pried the I-Pad2 from the hood. I had no idea the magnet inside that guy was strong enough to stay on a car going 40 MPH for over 2 miles. NOR did I realize my awesome "grippy" case with Magnetic top was so grippy and magnetic-y (magnetic-ee? I think I created a word).

Oh, boy was I lucky. For real. Wow.

So, Q is for the awesome QUALITY of these products.  I had no idea Guardian Angels protected I-Pads, but that is the best explanation I have for all this.

If you are a geek like me and want to see the magical magnets in the I-Pad2 and -Ipad case, here's a little something I found googling

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad-2-Smart-Cover-Teardown/5089/1

Happy Friday, and even though my I-Pad survived, I'm not sure I'd suggest letting it ride on the hood of your car. Hopefully that was my I-Pad's first and LAST ride on the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment