| One of many hills in my neighborhood |
| The Hill that gets me EVERY time |
| Oh look ANOTHER hill |
Thursday is our day for our 10K! The kids and I have been training, but probably as well as I should have. I think our longest walk was maybe 4.5 miles. But, I think we will make it. Out of our group, most people are planning on running it. Let me tell you, it was my BEST decision to decide to walk. I feel no pressure, no anxiety about this adventure. I'm not sitting here going, "I hope I can run this all." Right now I am thinking, "If I feel good, I might run!" It is strangely liberating!
As of now, the weather looks good, so my rolling team should be participating as well. We have worked out how many snacks they will need (about 2 a mile, so 12 snacks) and 1 juice cup. The kids and I even created a playlist for our adventure. Lots of great kids songs, a little Ozzy, some KISS, a little rock-n-roll for us all.
I am so excited, I hope we all have a blast while wearing our matching Turkey Hats. Here's to being a good example of health for my kids! :) It's these little faces looking back at me, that keep me moving forward...
| Cheese! Let's Roll! |
No comments:
Post a Comment