Thursday, November 17, 2011

November Gratitude - Part 1

Back in October, I was having a moment of not properly realizing my blessings and how lucky I am.  So, I decided I needed a little attitude adjustment.  I started a little "gratitude" list on November 1st.  Since I am a complete over-sharer, this is what I have so far. I have this list on my I-pad so when I have a moment of feeling all "woe is me" I can stop and read a few of my entries. Turns out I really am blessed in many different ways.


Kim's November Gratitude 2011
Day 1- Even though I had to work late today, grateful for my job.

Day2- Happy for my two little walking partners. We had a lot of fun tonight on

our walk, even if we lost little baby grey kitty, meow,meow. You are my greatest

blessings.

Day 3-For my life long friends I have made through the sport of gymnastics. I am

blessed my mother gave me the opportunity to continue in that sport, when I know

how hard it was for her to get me to practice, meets, ect. Blessed!

Day 4- My kids who are just as excited about an impromptu trip to Stanberry Park

as they are about a fancy event. I love to see them play , and laugh, and

explore. CC and Connor both went down the big slide all by themselves!

Day 5- My husband, who is super talented and generous. He helps without ever

asking for anything in return. Kind and thoughtful. He tells me I am beautiful

when I know I look like hell.

Day 6- Our health. We passed Children's Hospital on the way to the zoo today. I realized

we are so lucky and blessed to not have had to use their services...yet.

Day 7- Family who is willing to help out when we really need it.

Day 8- Curiosity. That Connor is willing to try things. Today he escaped into

CC's room this Am. They both stood at the gate going, "Momma, Dada, GET UP!"

Day 9-Jeff's gift of being a great mechanic and his deep desire to help family

members with their cars. Even if that means time away from Connor and CC.

Day 10- Freedom to pick my own health care plan. Hoped I picked right.

Day 11- Our Veterans and people currently deployed. The sacrifice they and their

family's make for us is overwhelming.

Day 12- Yoga. It helps me find my center. And I love seeing my class every

Saturday.

Day13- Friends. It was nice to have Scott over for the Bengals game. It's nice

to know he can deal with the craziness that is our family.

Day 14- Patience. Today, I had a lot of it and felt as if I connected with the

kids really well. And Connor got a 'red boo-boo' on his chin. He was OK, thankfully.

Day 15- Thankful for hand me downs. We appreciate them, so we in turn, hand our

items down too. It's a great way to de-clutter and try to help other Mom's.

Day 16- Love. I am thankful for love, being loved, giving love and receiving

love. Sometimes love can be a little 2 year old who wants to hold your hand as

she drifts to sleep. Or snuggling in your 3 year olds bed, sandwiched in with

CC, Connor, and Jeff as we listen to Christmas music (weeks too early) and sing

along.

My Miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment