| Hell Raiser |
The background, the kids take and after-school "fitness" class for 30minutes once a week. The class is offered by a third party at their school.
Imagine my dumbfoundedness this morning when I was told, CC was not invited back to her "after-school activity." It was explained to me that the two year olds were just not listening and running a muck. The interesting part of this story is, I spoke with another Mom just yesterday. She also has two kids, each Connor and CC's ages. Her perspective was, our little girls loves the class and did really well; but our Boys - well, they were boys. I left yesterday, happy to hear the kids enjoyed their little 30 minute play time with their school friends. So, you can see why I was a little surprised and blind sided this morning.
Having spent many YEARS teaching gymnastics, sports skills, tumbling, Mommy and Me, parents day out, the tumble bus goes to pre-schools, etc., classes to a plethora of kids ages 6 months to 12years. I can say, two's can be tough. Mind you, I taught these kids with lots of experience under my belt. Even when Connor took a Mommy and Me class last year, his instructor ensured she always maintained control of her class. With me by Connor's side, she was still willing to step in when Connor needed to hear another voice asking him to sit quietly.
I still remember the kids I taught, that ones I could not stand. The ones you could not WAIT to hear were missing class (but they never did, I think they annoyed their parents as much as they annoyed me). I remember those ones who hit, punched, kicked, and smart mouthed me. Is that how sweet CC is perceived in her class?
But, CC. Little Miss Food-thrower, best-temper-tantrum-ever kid. Kicked out of class at age 2. My Mommy rage is going full bore. I knew it would be tough to teach kids ages 2 to 5, this is why I was surprised the class was offered. But, you know, I have TAUGHT that class to many a pre-school facility. I am just seriously disappointed that this did not pan out. So, I guess my rage isn't rage, as much as disappointment. Very disappointed that this instructor could not keep her class together for 30 minutes once a week.When I did that class, we always had 2 instructors, maybe that is why it worked for us.
My rant is pointless. I am disappointed and annoyed. All this has caused is me to try to find the kids another activity. We will be trying out a new class on Thursday. Connor and CC will get their first trial class of Tumblebees. That is where I started back in 1979; that little class started me on my road of gymnastics that I traveled for the next 20 years of my life.
Hopefully, my old home will welcome my little hell raiser with open arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment