Friday, November 4, 2011

Crafting on a Frugal Friday

Wanna make a craft? I Did.  I saw this on Pinterest and LOVED the idea. But, I can't paint worth a lick.


My "Pin-spiration." Get it? Inspiration? Pin-spiration?? Oh I'm a funny girl!
I loved it. I loved the sayings, the idea, the whole concept. I googled it, found a place on Etsy that would paint one, priced it... Then walked away from the computer.  It's cute, but it's not $85.00 cute.  Maybe for some people, but for me $85 is like almost a weeks grocery trip.  Too much for me to splurge on something like this.

I pondered it.  I decided people do cute things with Photoshop, so why not me? After trying to be super fancy, I decided less is more and came up with this.  It's a lot more personal for me and my family.

Pretty sweet, huh?  Being a scrapbooker and card maker, I have a lot of paper.  I also have a lot of picture frames laying around.  I found these 3 items:

8x10 frame, a piece of scrapbook paper and a piece of vellum

I printed out my vellum. I used a medium weight so it would slide through the printer (if you use thin vellum, you need to tape it to a regular sheet of paper and pray it does not jam the printer. My luck is 50/50 on that method).  I cut my scrapbook paper to size and cropped my saying that I printed on the vellum.

Now, I have this:

All in all I am happy with it! It's cost was $0 as I had everything on hand. Now, I just need the perfect place to hang it!  Thanks for the Pinspration, Pinterest!!!

Next up a blanket for this little one.  Here she is just laying in the owl mircofleece fabric I purchased...

Looks like a blanket, but really it needs to be stitched!

No comments:

Post a Comment