I get to wake up in the morning and go to work.
I get to hear my kids giggle everyday.
I get to talk on the phone to my Mother every night. Even though I've been on the phone all day, the last thing I want is more phone. But I am lucky, I get to talk to my Mom.
I get to kiss my husband when he gets home from work.
I get to change that smelly poopy diaper.
I get to take a hot shower in the morning, I have running water.
I get to type rants on the computer.
I get to have FREEDOM.
I get to vote. (even though politics annoy me)
I get to enjoy to Church, and the Church of my CHOICE.
I get to be educated.
I get to have my own opinion and it does not have to be dictated to me by my husband or father.
I get to be annoyed, over-joyed, and loved--- this means I GET TO BE ALIVE!
I got to be pregnant.
I got to adopt.
I was able to choose who I wanted to marry.
I get to be loved.
I get to love.
I get to see, I see things like this :
I get to enjoy a happy and healthy life.
So remember, next time you feel you "Have to" remember you "GET to" and there are people out there all over the world that may be envious of the things we GET to do. I "HAVE" to change diapers, but I remember the day I would have cut off my right arm for that privilege.
These are things we typically take for granted, and things that annoy us at time. That is until that one day you no longer "get" to.
Thanks to another blogger who reminded me of the things I GET to do.
I remember once when Willy was about 6 years old complaining because I HAD to take him somewhere. My boss, who (along with his wife) was struggling with infertility. He opened my eyes with the comment "NO, you GET to take him to ......". I have never forgotten those words, and have learned that each day, each moment actually is a time to be treasured. Thanks for reminding me of all my treasures, one of which is you.
ReplyDeleteNeeded that today. Thanks Kim.
ReplyDelete