Background:
A few months ago, I got a potty for Connor. I figured we'd use it eventually. But, I wanted it in the bathroom, where he could see it, sit on it, maybe use it. No pressure. I just wanted him familiar with the thing. And I got a ring for the big potty, but that was pretty stupid since he cannot get up there himself.
On and off for the past few months, we have been asking him to "Try" the potty before bath. Some days we have success and he gets M&M's - yep I believe in bribery. I learned it from my Mom, who bribed me to do gymnastics skills for reward. Oh yeah, it's not bribery- it's a REWARD SYSTEM :)
So, we are just introducing him to his red potty. On his terms, no pressure.
Last Night:
We had a friend over for dinner. After dinner, I volunteered to assist friend in creating his new ROCKBAND 3 character while Jeff gave the kids a bafh. After a little bit, I heard the kids running a muck, and went up to help Jeff. I heard Jeff exclaim, "OH WOW!!!" Apparently, while Jeff was dressing CC, a nakie Connor was running around. Nakie had to pee, so HE WENT ON HIS POTTY. ALL BY HIMSELF!!! AMAZING. He got a "big truck" for his success as well as lots of Mommy and Daddy praise!
No comments:
Post a Comment