Monday, November 22, 2010

Ready, set, SMILE!!!!

We are approaching the time of year of creating the holiday card. Since 1997, I have sworn off  "purchased" cards. I have designed my cards and created them by hand.  Some a little more time consuming than others.

Then came the kids.  There went my creative brain, which has now been replaced with Mommy Brain.  I no longer ponder does this cardstock work with this vellum, I ponder things like "Do I have enough diapers? Wipes? Did Connor go #2 today."  Needless to say, my thoughts have drifted from my cards. AND now that I have joined the ranks of motherhood, the proper thing to do for Christmas cards is a photocard.

A great site is SHUTTERFLY!  The are currently offering 50 free cards to bloggers who mention them.  They have lots of other great products, like calendars (which we need to make a few of those!), and other great photo projects!

So, yes, shameless plug.  If you too want to participate, follow this link .

Now, will I make my cards this year?  I hope so! I need to get some inspiration, for them!  Hopefully i can include the photo card in the homemade card (providing you are homemade card worthy - LOL!!!)!

Here are a few past cards I have made...



No comments:

Post a Comment