I have got to say acupuncture was the most interesting thing I've done in a while. We discussed my meridians (we all have 14), my Chi, and how it all works together. Mimi (the acupuncture lady), explained the meridians that most affect fertility are the spleen, kidney and liver area. According to Chinese Medicine, the organs themselves are not the issue, but how there energy flows, can affect fertility. I figure they have been doing acupuncture for over 400years, they may have figure out something, that our "western" medicine is not considering
I understand the modern medicine concept with our body. We have our lymphatic, circulatory, musculoskeltal, reproductive systems all working together. When everything is aligned, we are healthy. As with Acupuncture all the meridians are connected, where one ends another begins. When they are all balanced, we are healthy in mind and body. When one is out of place, it throw the whole Chi off.
Think of it like a car. Say you notice the car is running rough, and you realize it's that way due to a bad tire. If you keep riding with that bad tire, it can totally blow out. After the blow out, if you keep driving, you damage the wheel, affect the axle, suspension, etc. All in all, one small issue can lead to a really damaged car, but great BIG pay check for Jeff. So, how I figure it, although there were not major blockages, I must have a small leak in my Chi somewhere. Hopefully, acupuncture will help keep things flowing. If anything, it at least allows me about 45 minutes of relaxation. Also, I hope you noticed my use of words like "lymphatic" -- I learned scholastic things in college, not just how to make the perfect jell-o shot! :)
Mimi began the process with placing some needles in the crown of my head. They did not hurt, I attribute this to my thick headedness (HAHA!). But, eventually she placed most of them in my lower legs. Apparently the lower leg meridians connect to the fertility super highway of Chi. I have to say, at one point she placed one in my ankle and I SWEAR it felt like it was stuck to the bottom of my foot. At that point (get it... needle...point??!!), I thought there just might be something to Acupuncture. Also, I guess I was kind of chatty because at one point I was asked to "Focus on your deep breathing." I guess I made an acupuncture faux pa by being too talkative. Next time I'll know!!!
At the end of my session, Mimi told me my dear friend Susan had paid for my session. For those of you who forget, Susan (see picture) did gymnastics with me at BG, we were roommates, great friends, and in each others weddings. When I called to talk Susan to thanks her, she said it was her way of trying to help us. This made me realize that everyone on this journey with us can feel as helpless as Jeff and I can. Jeff and I have talked in depth about how hard this issue is; we have infertility and there is no easy fix. I never stepped back to consider that our family and friends feel just as frustrated and helpless as we do. I know we all try to help each other, it might be helping with big remodel projects, fixing your car or just lending an ear to listen. I guess we all just hope to find an aisle at Home Depot for Infertility. I can see you going , "Now there is the fix Kim and Jeff are looking for, let me pick that up for them." And while you are at Home Depot, you could also pick up some paint or drywall. If it was only that easy. I guess Susan really made me realize it's not just Kim and Jeff against the infertility world. It's all of us. I can now see our issues affects not just us, but you guys as well. So, I thank you for all our thoughts and prayers, for being supportive, and for trying to do anything you can think of to find a fix for us. We are so grateful so many people love and care for us. We are truly very blessed.
For tonight's shot, Jeff got to do the honors. He did a fantastic job, but had a very intuitive comments. He said to me "I think your needles are dull." Funny thing is I was thinking that too, but I dismissed the thought thinking my "belly fluff" was just getting thicker. I was able to find some needles from our last time, so we will try one of those tomorrow. I guess that will decide if it's needle or a fluff issue.... I'm betting needle.
Finally, I had a wonderful birthday! Thank you all for your birthday wishes and happy thoughts for me. You guys are awesome!
I understand the modern medicine concept with our body. We have our lymphatic, circulatory, musculoskeltal, reproductive systems all working together. When everything is aligned, we are healthy. As with Acupuncture all the meridians are connected, where one ends another begins. When they are all balanced, we are healthy in mind and body. When one is out of place, it throw the whole Chi off.
Think of it like a car. Say you notice the car is running rough, and you realize it's that way due to a bad tire. If you keep riding with that bad tire, it can totally blow out. After the blow out, if you keep driving, you damage the wheel, affect the axle, suspension, etc. All in all, one small issue can lead to a really damaged car, but great BIG pay check for Jeff. So, how I figure it, although there were not major blockages, I must have a small leak in my Chi somewhere. Hopefully, acupuncture will help keep things flowing. If anything, it at least allows me about 45 minutes of relaxation. Also, I hope you noticed my use of words like "lymphatic" -- I learned scholastic things in college, not just how to make the perfect jell-o shot! :)
Mimi began the process with placing some needles in the crown of my head. They did not hurt, I attribute this to my thick headedness (HAHA!). But, eventually she placed most of them in my lower legs. Apparently the lower leg meridians connect to the fertility super highway of Chi. I have to say, at one point she placed one in my ankle and I SWEAR it felt like it was stuck to the bottom of my foot. At that point (get it... needle...point??!!), I thought there just might be something to Acupuncture. Also, I guess I was kind of chatty because at one point I was asked to "Focus on your deep breathing." I guess I made an acupuncture faux pa by being too talkative. Next time I'll know!!!
At the end of my session, Mimi told me my dear friend Susan had paid for my session. For those of you who forget, Susan (see picture) did gymnastics with me at BG, we were roommates, great friends, and in each others weddings. When I called to talk Susan to thanks her, she said it was her way of trying to help us. This made me realize that everyone on this journey with us can feel as helpless as Jeff and I can. Jeff and I have talked in depth about how hard this issue is; we have infertility and there is no easy fix. I never stepped back to consider that our family and friends feel just as frustrated and helpless as we do. I know we all try to help each other, it might be helping with big remodel projects, fixing your car or just lending an ear to listen. I guess we all just hope to find an aisle at Home Depot for Infertility. I can see you going , "Now there is the fix Kim and Jeff are looking for, let me pick that up for them." And while you are at Home Depot, you could also pick up some paint or drywall. If it was only that easy. I guess Susan really made me realize it's not just Kim and Jeff against the infertility world. It's all of us. I can now see our issues affects not just us, but you guys as well. So, I thank you for all our thoughts and prayers, for being supportive, and for trying to do anything you can think of to find a fix for us. We are so grateful so many people love and care for us. We are truly very blessed.
For tonight's shot, Jeff got to do the honors. He did a fantastic job, but had a very intuitive comments. He said to me "I think your needles are dull." Funny thing is I was thinking that too, but I dismissed the thought thinking my "belly fluff" was just getting thicker. I was able to find some needles from our last time, so we will try one of those tomorrow. I guess that will decide if it's needle or a fluff issue.... I'm betting needle.
Finally, I had a wonderful birthday! Thank you all for your birthday wishes and happy thoughts for me. You guys are awesome!

Cool, I am "blog famous." You really didn't have to give me any credit. I told you I did what I did because the little voices told me to. And I'm not sure the whole world needs to know I hear "little voices"! :-) ~Susan
ReplyDelete