
Well, shot number 1 was no big deal. OK, it stung and bled a little, but I lived. Jeff wanted to actually do the injection, but I requested he be my record keeper. We try to keep track of the time of injection, units used, and the side injected. Most likely, we will alternate who gives the shots. I think it helps us both feel as if this is a process we are doing together. OR it could be Jeff just likes stabbing me in the gut.
They say the side effects of Lupron (leuprolide) can mimic menopause symptoms. Some ladies complain of hot flashes, headaches, etc. Last time I think I just had the general crankiness. Some of you may think I'm generally cranky anyway... :)
Also, I spoke to an Acupuncturist. According to recent literature, acupuncture in conjunction with IVF can really increase chances of a good positive cycle. Not to be too graphic, but to do acupuncture prior to the E/R can get the uterus ready, and Post E/T will increase our chances of implantation. This Thursday, I have my first consultation, so I will be getting stabbed with needles on purpose. Do a web search on IVF and Acupuncture there is all kind of information. I figure I know this cannot hurt, I hope it just helps our chances.
Let's see... a few fun administrative items. I adjusted the blog, so anyone can leave a comment. It will not make you join google now.
Sorry day 2 is kind of dull... We are in the boring part of this process. But at least on Thursday the acupuncture appointment should be pretty cool. So, I am celebrating being 32 by becoming a human pin cushion.
Finally, yes, I know this is all a little sarcastic or tongue in cheek. I also know humor and sarcasm is lost over the Internet. So, I am trying to be funny/sarcastic, that is just how I am. If there is anything Jeff and I have learned dealing with infertility (IF) is you must LAUGH A LOT during this process. I know if we don't we will surely go mad!
thanks for the update you know that our prayers and thoughts are with you guys and we also know that God will bless you guys :) just think - the patter of little feet will be running thru the halls of our homes in the coming holidays - we have so much to be thankful for - you know if you guys need anything we are just a phone call away - cuz jeffie is my favorite :) - just ask any one the aunts!! kim hope you have a terrific birthday and what better way to spend it then being a human pin cushion - we love you guys -
ReplyDeleteHi Guys,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know you have been in our thoughts and prayers the last few days. We know that God has a plan, and the two key parts to IVF is prayer and laughter. When else can you laugh and cry at the same time over a shot.The sad part is that the "shot" doesn't even involve alcohol. Ok well...rubbing alcohol. Jeff remember women love roses and foot massages. Kim keep smilin'and have a terrific BIRTHDAY!!
We will call you!
Lots of Love from NY.
Love, Jenny, Doug and Lanie