Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday = Fun Kid Things!

Here's a few fun kid things we did recently.

I tried to make finger paints...
- Corn Starch 1/2 c
- Sugar 3 tbs
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Water 2 cups
(I found this at www.Easiepeasie.blogspot.com)

I heated it until it looked this this.
A strange petroleum sorta looking substance. In hind sight, I think I heated it for too long, it ended up turning into strange texture. PERFECT for real littles looking for a tactile experience.


 
Place the substance into baby jars and used food coloring to color it.

Put some on a plate for the kids to play with. (I am looking delightfully frumpy here)

Let the play begin (wearing smocks sewn by Nana)

Smushing it around


What the heck?!


CC chose to smash it with a paint brush


art

More art
Well, it was interesting. Not sure we will make it again, I have another recipe to try for them.  After painting we did this old time favorite...

Glow Sticks in the bath tub!
Doesn't look real impressive, does it... Well, let me try different camera settings and we got pictures like THESE...






I think these above pictures reflect the following:
1. The kids had a BLAST
2. I have no idea how to use my fancy camera

All in all we had a FUN Friday (last week).  I am unsure what this week brings, but if people keep pinning cool things on Pinterest, I am SURE we will be able to survive the winter blahs by having FUN FRIDAYS!

So, what is on your agenda this weekend? For us, we are kicking it old school - like 1950's old school. My family is coming over to play Canasta. You ask, "What is Canasta?" A very OLD card game my Grandma and Great Aunts/Uncles used to play. It's pretty cool we are trying to keep this tradition going. I remember family coming over and having dinner then playing cards (one game takes about 2.5 to 3 hours with 6 people).  I want my kids to always have that memory of family and friends surrounding them as the grow up, not just on holidays, but on "normal" days too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment