This was not my scheduled post for today, but I was so excited I had to share.
Some smart ladies I know turned me onto a new to me website,
Play At Home Mom. It's very fun! Honestly, I hate messes. I don't want to play and know a mess will be made. The making the mess is fun, it's the clean up that I hate. All I feel I do is clean up...after meals, pick up toys, put away clother, etc. UGH. Like I used to make fun of watching those Kate Plus 8 kids never being able to make a mess. Then I realized I was like her, I hate making a mess that can be avoided.
BUT, thanks to Play At Home Mom and their ideas, I realized I need to settle down and get messy. Although, our first play date looked messy, it was pretty clean. More importantly we all had fun.
Here is what we needed:
 |
| Food Coloring |
 |
| A messy Patio with Water Galore |
 |
| Oh, and 2 cute kids that like to playand be silly |
Here was my "invitation" for play:
 |
Colored Water and Containers
|
So, did they like it? You tell me....
 |
| Squeezing and Pouring |
 |
| Drinking it a little... |
 |
| Mixing colors |
 |
| More Pouring |
 |
| More Squeezing |
 |
| CC gets into pouring |
 |
| Mixing colors (with a bubble wand!) |
 |
| Fun had by all! |
 |
Oh,
This is a piece of chalk - I keep thinking it wasn't chalk.
Bad choice of color, chalk people. |
The kids and I played with water and food coloring for almost two hours. It was so much fun, Connor is already asking for it again today. I just used 1 drop of food coloring to color the water. Doing this kept everything pretty diluted, hence no tie-died kids! We used containers from the house, once we were done, off to the dishwasher they went. I learned the kids enjoyed creating colors in clear cups then mixing all the colors together in a big tub.
Best thing is, it looked messy, it felt messy, but it was just water. When we were done, all I had to do was clean my containers. It was really easy! Seems I need to try and roll up my sleeves more often to let them really play and explore and you know, act like KIDS!!!
Maybe this will inspire you to go and PLAY!!!!
Great story! :) Love seeing the process of the play as it progresses through the activity. :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE it! But still looks a little messy for my taste. ;) maybe you have inspired me Kim!
ReplyDeletestill have to do my zoo post ... maybe next time.