Monday, September 26, 2011

Confessions of a bad blogger....

Hi.. My Name is Kim... and I have not blogged in over a week.  I was on vacation. While on vacation, I shunned most technology. I had the NERVE to focus on my family instead. All in all, it was a pretty good decision. :)

Right before vacation, I had noticed my camera was acting funny. The shutter was slow and my pictures were just not crisp and clear. Honestly, I figured it was my eyes being all weird. I did everything I knew to do, then ended up at the camera store. Turns out my camera is due for a cleaning.  If the cleaning does not fix it, then we have to discuss things like replacing my body (the camera's not mine - but I would like a taller and thinner body if possible).  My camera will be MIA for about 3 weeks, I am having withdrawals. I know, boring stuff? Yep, but that is what vacation during the coldest and wettest week in September will do to ya. So, what else did we do on vacation?

We made Higgins his own dog dish (post to follow).  With him being super tall, you cannot purchase one without spending a small fortune. Many years ago we built this dual dog dish and water dish holder for Magnum and Higgins.


Yes, I even had their pictures near their bowls. But, with Mag passing, it was time Higgins had his own "food station."  So, we made him one :) (again blog post to follow- this will be a cliff hanger)

On another day of vacation we went to the Cincinnati Red's last home game. It was the kids first baseball game. The stars aligned and due to the kindness of strangers, we received free tickets to the game and to the Red's Hall of Fame. Again, THANK YOU to the strangers who were so kind to us! Your kindness will be forever remembered!

Jeff says it was karma thanking us. See, when we go to the Zoo we get passes for the rides. Typically we do not use them, so on our way out of the Zoo, I will give people our passes to save them a little. So, our kindness came back to us!

The game was fun, it was rainy and crappy and sorta different taking a 3 year old and 2 year old to the game. But we all had fun, and Connor was given a ball from the Astro's left fielder. His first game and he already got a ball.  It was very neat to see how excited he was, but he was also VERY overwhelmed. The vastness of the stadium and all the people was a lot for him. Luckily we were able to find a quiet row (under cover) and enjoy a few innings. All he wanted was a bat.  So, right before we left he and CC got little mini-bats.  They held them for about 0.5 seconds before we had to take them away. But, that 0.4 seconds was fun, I think.



On Thursday, Jeff and I went  to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary 1 day early.  We had an adult evening full of gambling, good food and drinks.  It was nice to have adult only time, and I was FINALLY able to get that pedicure I've been trying to get since May. Ah... I had a nice spa afternoon and Jeff gambled. On our way home, we stopped at a winery in the hills of Kentucky. It was beautiful to drive off the beaten path. The Elk Creek Winery was awesome, the wine was delicious. But, wine tasting while slightly hungover - was not so fun.  Lesson learned.

Saturday night, we hung out with the kids eating popcorn and watching a movie.  I can see us doing that a lot this fall.

So, that's basically it. I was simply LAZY and did not blog.  I have a bit of a bad attitude; all my allergies are in full swing making me crabby and my eyes are KILLING ME.  Excuse the blah-ness of this post. It's pretty flat, as I feel kinda flat.

All in all we had a very nice week.  You know, besides all the crappy weather.  The kids were good, Jeff and I celebrated ELEVEN YEARS of wedded bliss. And I'm pretty sure the card I gave him, was the exact card I gave him last year. But, I cannot remember. Because all my smart brain cells have mutated since we had children. I'm just lucky I remember to GET him a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment