Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of Pre-School




Connor was totally excited about his first day of school and wearing his back-pack.  Calista, on the other hand, could have cared less.  She hated the concept of carrying a back pack.  So much for the school instructions of, "have your child place their back pack and lunch box in their cubby.  It will foster a sense of accomplishment and independence."  In the world of Calista, she is a princess and I am her lowly lady in wait, my job is back pack duty.

Seriously, they were too cute.  Connor and CC held hands through the parking lot, and he helped her down the stairs to school.  The same steps I decended 30+ years ago.  We went to Connor's room first.  He placed his things away and ran in to go play.  I had to ask for a kiss and off he went to play with some cars.

For Calista, I put her things away.  I did not want to have a complete meltdown due to asking her highness to put her things away.  I decided we will try that battle another day-- like tomorrow.  She ran into her room, sat down and began coloring.  Once she realized I was walking out, she went to follow me....but, got side tracked by a cool pirate ship in sand. 

All in all both kids were playing with their new friends as I left, and seemed fine!  Now, I sit here in a VERY quiet office.  I'm pretty sure this is the first morning since July 16, 2008 that I have not had at least 1 child in my office. It's weird...Mag and Higgins are even confused by the quiet and lack of chaos.  Soon enough, the kids will be back. In fact they will return around 10:30am today.  Their first day of school is only a 1/2 a day.


Milk on the couch, preparing for school

Calista and her backpack

Connor is all ready and excited
So cute!
Connor's cubby

Time to go to his 3 year old class
Calista already busy in her 2 year old class
Now we hope for a great school year!

*Update*
They LOVED it!  Calista cried when she had to leave! They both came home with new art.  Connor got to use markers - which I never do here.  Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well!!! 

1 comment: