Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ponies, Slides and Italian Sausage

mmmmm...Beer and Italian Sausage


A few weekends ago we went to local festival called "Italian Fest."  Great food, great beer and great company. Here's a few action shots! That's Amore'! Bella Bambinos!









Like most summer events, they even had some delightful carnival type games and rides.  We thought it might be fun for Connor to ride down the big slide... This is how it looked:



See that orange shirt, that's Uncle, Godfather Willy. Like any good Mother, I took lots of pictures.  Then once I looked at them, I decided a few needed to be cropped and zoomed.  Here is Connor's first ride on the "Fun Slide."


Getting prepared to ride
Just starting

Looks like a smile, but a little unsure


Uncle, Godfather Willy having fun

Connor....not looking like it's so fun

Willy, still looking happy

Connor, not so much...

Ride is over and....

Connor responds to the Not So Fun Slide




Next up, let's torture the kids with a pony ride...

Ponies of death, can you see the danger?
No? Neither can I....


Connor choose "Joe"

Can you see the speed of these stallions?  No, neither can I. 
They were pretty slow, you know, like ponies

Connor is ready to end his ride on that speedy monster

CC's not seeing the big deal, but she's a sympathy crier, so...

Connor give up his ride and starts wailing, and...

While Pa-pa tries to control that out of control pony, CC cries too.

Quickest Pony Ride ever.
The End
I asked Connor what was the issue with the ponies he looked me in the eye and said, "Momma, ponies too fast. They scare me."   Note to self, avoid fast ponies. And poor Pa-Pa ended up being horribly allergic to those beasts. If anyone should have cried, it should have been him, his eyes were swollen for 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment