January- Rocks as it brings a NEW YEAR with it, as well as My BIRTHDAY (i.e. CAKE and PRESENTS)! We also celebrate our Family Day! Woo-hoo!!! Gooooooo January! Oh, and we still think that the snow is pretty...
February- blah, snow or rain or crap weather. A rodent to tell me if spring is coming? Blah. Valentine's- that is OK, sorta. But, this month could be snow or storms, or tornadoes. You are like the month of just waiting, for something better. OK, one good thing is NASCAR season starts. That is pretty cool. Otherwise, February, you get 2 thumbs DOWN. OH, and I'm still pissed they moved the Super Bowl to February- it belongs in JANUARY.
March - YEAH! March Madness, Green Beer and Daffodils! Spring is almost here!
April- A little soggy, but do I see Tulips?! Sunshine? A day that reaches 65?! Maybe an Easter Bunny - which means Cadbury Eggs and Reese Cup Eggs- YUM!
May- Grilling time is here, as is Jeff's birthday, the cats birthdays, and about a million OTHER birthdays. OH, and MEMORIAL DAY!!! Kick off SUMMER!!!
June- Ok, Summer is here, it's getting a little warm.. let's watch that heat, K?
July- Fireworks, Magnum's Birthday, Little Man's special day! OK, really- it's getting a little HOT out here, but at least I'm not shoveling 12 inches of SUNSHINE :)
August- Another month full of Birthdays and CC's as well! If it was not for all the birthdays, Shark Week, and cold beer at softball, I would NOT survive this heat.
September- Ahhhh, Labor Day, a day off and time for this GOD AWFUL HEAT to go away. Oh my Anniversary. Nice month. Nice Weather, and FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
October- more FOOTBALL, Fall beer, More Candy, Leaves Falling, Pumpkins- October, you are an awesome month!
November- Well, I tolerate you as you bring my Family together over food, I still have the end of NASCAR season and some football.
December- Obviously, this month rocks due to more holidays and SNOW, oh beautiful, peaceful snow. Ahhhh...
So, you can see, February, is a less superior month. It's not spring, it's typically not very wintery, it's a mis-matched month. Thank Goodness this is your last day for 2011.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Next Topic - Watering Hole*
OK, so there I am bad mouthing February, but it FINALLY brought me a pretty day. At least 50 degrees means ZOO visit. Last weekend was our second trip to the Zoo. First zoo trip, sadly, my favorite water hole (aka best beer both in the zoo) was closed. However, THIS trip it was OPEN!!
As we approached the beer booth, the normal guy was behind the counter. He's a super nice guy who turned me onto our Zoo's Beer. We have a fancy, zoo only beer that is Delicious (Red River Hog Ale) . Remember I have not seen my beer guy since last fall.
As we approach the booth, I get a big, "HEY! How are you doing? So, Nice to see you again!! Your usual?" I stood there slightly dumbfounded, not only did he recognize ME, he knew my beer order. Now, ask yourself, it is a good or bad thing when the Zoo's bartender remembers you?
And, no, he sorta recognized Jeff, he asked if he recently shaved or something because he looked different. And No, he did not remember Jeff's beer order.
So, yes the power of a nice SMILE (and probably my feminine wilds - if I have those) made an impression on my beer guy. I'm hoping come middle of summer when it's like 105+ degrees, he lets me skip up to the front of the line. Or at least I can hope. :)
Fun Zoo Pictures
We Ride the Rhino!
CC and Connor Wrestle Gator
Miss Pretty
Connor likes goats this year!
Connor telling the goat something
Connor still pointitng at this poor goat
Big ole SilverBack
Leave Sleeping Lions Sleep
No comments:
Post a Comment