Thursday, January 31, 2013

Family Day 2013

Totally Compliant Photo Subjects...
Family Day 2013, came and went quickly.  Unfortunately, it was not one of our best.  I was sick, and Connor was sick.  Also, it was "tour Connor's new School" day.  While we would have gone to the Zoo or the Museum Center, we had "things" to do. 

Mini-back ground, Family Day is the day Connor was adopted.  Some call it Gotcha Day, other's refer to it as Adoption Day.  We call it Family Day.  Ideally, we hope to keep this day a special celebration day of being a family.  As Connor told me, "Family Day is, I love my family day."  He's so sweet, but 5 minutes later, he had CC crying as he "borrowed" the penguin she was playing with... boys...

We started by going to Church -- this Mass was about as long as Palm Sunday (and THAT is a long Mass).  By the time Mass ended, we were all on each other's nerves.  We busted quickly through the school tour.  Honestly, it was to show Jeff and my Mom, oh and for Connor to see his new school.  I already had participated in a coffee with the principal in November.  And, since this is my old grade school, I was pretty partial to it already.  I basically just needed to pick up the paper workrequired to apply my little angel to become an Angel.

After Connor and CC both had a meltdown in the Science Lab, we decided it was time to depart.  Connor's one request was to go to the "mot-A-cycle" restaurant to eat.  Most people call it, Quaker Steak and Lube, to Connor, it's the motorcycle place.  He loves it there.  

We had a great lunch there.  You know, until Connor realized his $2.00 got him 2 Nascar games, but no motorcycle game.  It was heart breaking- if your four.  If you are newly 38, you just want to get your crabby and sick kid home for a nap.  I could not get home fast enough.

End of the day, Connor cracked his head on the coffee table and it ended like this:
Icing Head
Honestly, it was not our first Family Day to end/begin with an injury.  Let's flash back to 2011:

Ouch
Yes, always fall face first onto a carpeted basement floor.  Luckily, he was OK the next day. Let's revisit Family Day 2011.
 
Where did this little guy go?
 That picture is Connor looking at the entrance dinosaur at our Natural History museum. Seriously, how cute is he in that picture?!

Connor and CC- Family Day 2011

Before I get to earlier Family Days, let's not forget Family Day 2012:
Yep, same t-rex skull from 2011 picture

Fun in the water


Let's Check out Family Day 2010, we went to our Children's Museum.
Baby Connor (1.5 years), Baby CC (5 months)

Now, our first Family Day....

Our First Official Family Picture

Check out his hair

Then he went on his first (hillbilly) sled ride...
On his first Family Day, we, well, we adopted Connor.  Then went to breakfast, then home to play in the snow.  It was a very special day for us. 

So, after telling the kids they would pose all day and never get to their beloved Mota-cycla Restaurant, I finally got these pictures..

 

 
Now, I know it was not our most exciting Family Day.  However, this Momma has something up her sleeve for a belated Family Adventure, on February 8th. Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment