![]() |
| Connor, #1 in your hearts, #3 in your score book |
Like every awesome Mom, I signed my 3 year old up for T-ball. Of course, T-ball is during the middle of summer, and of course in our neck of the woods that means hot, humid, and drought like conditions. What I DID NOT expect was triple digit temps with a heat index of hotter than hell. This brought me to ponder, is t-ball really Satan's sport? I think yes, this therefore disproves the comment made in the movie "Waterboy." Football is NOT the devil's sport, really the answer is T-ball.
Things that I did not consider when signing Connor up for T-ball....
1. What the heck would I do with Calista?
2. I have to be Connor's warm up pitcher, and advocate
3. Connor had no IDEA where the bases were located
4. Jeff would miss 90% of the games due to his softball schedule
5. Holy Hell it is HOT in July
6. He would be one of two #3's.... this makes me wonder if the Y can count. We have a #2, two 3's, no 4's, a few 8's.... I don't get it. But, I will guess a type A personality is not running the show.... OH and then, team pictures. We ordered the little baseball cards (because you HAVE to), and they mis-spelled Connor's name on the BACK of the card. Perfect C-O-N-N-O-R on the front, but ConnER on the back. I just don't get it. But, I did call and they have now sent re-prints with the proper spelling.
Luckily, everything has pretty well worked out. I am hoping the heat has subsided; triple digits with heat index in the "can cook an egg on a rock" temperatures are NOT fun for t-ball.
Connor loves t-ball, but I can tell he is a bit bored with it all. It is a lot slower for him. He's is just itching to keep batting and fielding. Since everyone rotates to catch once, and bat once, it is slow moving with a lot of down time. I am hoping his next season (coming up in August with a different team) will be a little more challenging. Time will tell. Skill wise, Connor is doing really well, however, 3 year old behavior wise, we have some growing to do. Connor learned something really interesting last week. If you kick or throw dirt while waiting in line to catch, your Mom WILL march on the field to make it stop. His coach is too nice to say anything, but, dirt in the eye is no fun for anyone. So, while Connor may have the great hitting, catching and throwing skills, he still needs to learn the "how to be a nice and courteous player" skills.
We have 2 weeks left of "practice" and no more games. Here are some action shots of #3....
| Scooping up a grounder |
| Good form for a 3 year old |
| Ready for action |
| Swing Away |
| Going to first |
| Great Game! |
| CC's thoughts on the game... "Where are the snacks?" |
.

Connor looks like a natural - the shot of him scooping up the ball is adorable!
ReplyDelete