A local park was promoting this "Farmer in the Dell" event. For some reason, I thought this was one of the many free things our local park does. I was wrong. Luckily, the price was right and turns out the parents were free, the kids... well, not so much.
In any case, my kids had a BLAST. It was so fun seeing them explore all these different "big trucks" and farm animals. We did pass on the pony ride (last pony ride both kids ended up in tears and their very allergic to ponies Pa-Pa could not open his eyes for a few days). CC seemed to do better with her fear of goats, and Connor told me he wants a donkey. I'm pretty sure his donkey request might go unanswered for a very LONG time.
It was a hot evening, but fun. I had no idea what any of the big trucks were called, but I did my best. Luckily, Jeff drives by this park on his way home from work, so he was able to come surprise the kids and help me with my big truck terminology. I am so happy he was there, to enjoy this little fleeting moment, that the kids will probably not remember. But, thanks to their picture snapping Momma --- I've got the "memories" here :)
 |
| School Bus Driver |
 |
| Connor's latest animal love, the Donkey |
 |
| Now THAT is a mower! |
 |
| CC driving and neither of them are looking forward |
 |
| Jeff following Ceese |
 |
| Tractor thingy with a scoop (I have no idea what this is called!) |
 |
| Beeping the horn |
 |
| CC driving the bobcat |
 |
| She could be an ad for Capri Sun Waters |
 |
| Driving for Uncle Sam |
The funniest part of the day. They were in this GIANT truck, I noticed the pull down rope "horn." You know, the ones the big rigs have. So, like any great Mom, I guided Connor to "honk" it. Well, it was the LOUDEST horn that scared a few kids and a hush fell around us. Of course we all cracked up, and I had to tell Connor not to do it again (it really was LOUD and freaked out some kids). Totally not my best idea, yet it was pretty funny :)
We then went out to dinner, and Connor asked to take a few pictures with my camera. Here are a couple photo's by Connor...
 |
| Me |
 |
| CC |
No comments:
Post a Comment