My first attempt at "D" was about diapers. That was dead in the water after 3 sentences. Let's just say, we are one step closer to diaper free, and working towards potty training. CC has been doing well for 4 weeks now. I am excited by her new independence. Even more than that, it is exciting having someone celebrate when I have a successful potty visit. She stands with me and mimics what do I with her. She even uses a silly excited voice going, "Oh Mommy! I am so proud of you!! You did it!! Now, flush your pee-pee away. Good-bye Mommy pee-pee! You are SUCH a BIG GIRL!!!" TMI? Yep, I know. But, seriously, who cheers for YOU when you have your successful potty visit? No one, huh? Yep, I can tell you are jealous. Don't get too jealous... I also get surprises like, "Mommy- I pooped!" Picture me looking confused at the empty potty... then CC fills in the blank, while I head for the carpet cleaner.
Yep, so that is why the diapers topic kind of went flat.
Next, up, I tried to discuss dinner. That was dull, dull, DULL!!!! In a few sentences, choosing dinner each week, is getting old. Some days, I long for the days for feeding someone strained pees while Jeff and I each some delicious adult delicacy. Alas, I am doing my best to do healthy (which I always do healthy), but family friendly meals. I just feel like I keep remaking the same thing, over , and over , and over again. So, last year, I added in crock-pot meals. Now those seem redundant and flat. So, I am questing for something new, different, and quick. Hey, after all, I have kids that want to play when I get off work.
Then, I started drafting a letter titled "Dear Idiots" to all the idiots I saw at the Zoo last weekend. What a nightmare, we expected a nice quiet fun day, yet it was jammed with people with cranky kids. Wouldn't you know, my kids ended up being cranky too. To make things even worse, I ended up being one of those idiots. You know the one yelling at their child (who is mid-meltdown) through clenched teeth saying great phrases such as, "If you don't __________, we will be LEAVING the ZOO." Yep, that was me. Now, 3 days later, I cannot remember why I was so frustrated at Connor. But, I am 95% sure that both of our meltdowns were due to us BOTH being tired. So, when you want to write an open letter to idiots at the Zoo, then realize you are one...the letter gets pretty short.
D is for something thing else. Desire. I desire to keep writing, and trying to explore things in my life and my head. I desire to help my little girl on her quest to not wear diapers. I desire to make healthy dinners for my family. And I desire to rid the world of Idiots, even if I act like one sometimes.
Desire. That is a good D word. I think of all the things I desire to do. Be a good Mom, wife, daughter, friend. I desire to do better, and learn from my own mistakes. I desire to try to not repeat my mistakes- yet I sadly do. I will just desire and strive to be a better me. And desire to do better on the letter E.
I leave you with a last D --- Dreams... I am pretty sure, these pictures are what sweet dreams look like...
Kidding! One more thing... Jeff read this and came up with another D suggestion for me (he's so stinking smart). His suggestion... Defeated. Now, that we are parents via the miracle of Adoption and God, we DEFEATED Infertility. I guess he's right. I need to change my blog title. We have officially Defeated Infertility, now I just wish everyone else fighting that battle can do the same. To my friends still fighting... Go kick IF's ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment