Thursday, March 22, 2012

C

Well, C does NOT stand for cats. Right now, we are living in harmony, thanks to the kitty cat anxiety drugs. Yes, I drug the cat, and he is happy and so are we.  He hates taking his "happy little blue pill."  I feel about 0.0000005% bad he is drugged.  Although, he might be in a little bit of a drug haze, he is not peeing all over the house, and he gets to continue his life of being a pampered cat.  I think we both win. 

However, C is is for............

Church:

We have been trying to do better taking the kids to Church.  Last year, we began trying out other Churches.  Taking two children to Church has been a bit of a nightmare.  The Church we had been attending for years, has an older congregation.  Our young family, complete with two very loud and nutty toddlers, really did not fit in. (You know this for certain when the Priest pulls you aside after Mass reminding you that, "It's OK to walk into the hallway when the kids are getting loud." Thanks, note taken...)

Then, we tried a local bigger Church.  It was grand,  a newer build, with a huge Baptismal pool in the entryway.  We decided to try it on Palm Sunday - one of the longest Masses known to Catholism.  Needless to say, we arrived late, all seats were taken and we stood around the entry with about 30 other people. Instantly, Jeff and I felt we did not fit in.  Then, Connor thought he saw sharks in the Baptismal pool. Soon, things began to spiral downhill. Needless to say, we left about 1/2 way through Mass.

For Lent this year, we decided to try another large Church in our area.  I attended grades 1 through 8 at their attached grade school, so it was familiar.  Yet, I had been hesitant for YEARS to step foot back there. This Church has is a perfect room for little kids. It's 'the crying room' it sits up high and over looks the whole congregation. Like a balcony, with child-scream-poof-plexi-glass :) We know lots of people who attend that Church, and now get the "We saw you at Church," comments. Heck, last week, we even saw my OB/GYN - and YES he did recognize me while fully dressed!!

Back to the crying room, there are other families with crazy kids! It's not just us!!! We see the same people up there each week at 10am.  The kids are now part of the 10am crying room gang. We have snacks, toys, books, and drinks. I am now to the point, I look forward to taking the kids to Church.  Although, they are missing the whole point of Mass, I like that we are at least able to expose them to Church.  It's great we are in this room with other younger families, where we all know it's OK if our kids lose it. There is no one to judge you in the crying room.  With all the chaos in that room, there is a lot of peace.  So, after all this time,  I think we might have found our Church. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

C also stand for Connor and Calista love Colors! Colored Rice is our latest exploration, but they also love colored water and shaving cream...Here is the photo evidence (and lots of fun pictures of my 2 favorite C people in the world)

Colored Rice- from Pinterest
1 cup rice, 1 TBS vinegar, food coloring - mix in a ziplock bag then dry on wax paper
Super easy and FUN! 

Pouring

Shaking and dancing

More pouring!
Then, two weeks later, colored rice met some dry beans... it went like this....

A mess in my office, but it was worth it!

They enjoyed sitting in the tub with all the rice and bean, just exploring

Pouring

He was sniffing the rice

CC's Happy Feet in the Rice and Beans
Then some colored shaving cream in the tub...




Connor's favorite, Colored water...


So, I have a lot of C topics. I admit, this is not all uber thought provoking and introspective, but geeze, I need to have some fluffy posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment