Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Family Day 2012

We celebrate our Family Day/Adoption Day/Gotcha Day/Fam-aversary Day on the day Connor's adoption was finalized.  Lucky for me it hits a couple days after my Birthday. I thought it might be neat to do a little picture parade of our celebrations.

2009
Connor's adoption was finalized on the snowiest, iciest day of the New Year.  I was so scared the Courthouse was going to close for the day.  Lucky for us, they stayed open. We were the first case of the day, but they did close early and were closed the next day. Besides the weather, I was equally terrified that our lawyer, social worker, and magistrate would find out I was pregnant and would stop our proceedings.  Honestly, it was stupid to worry about, but I was scared. I think I watched too many Lifetime and Hallmark movies. 

Everything worked out fine.  Our adoption was final, we went and had a nice breakfast, then we went to play in the snow.


2009

Watching all the closings.  Look at all Connor's hair!

Our backyard
2010
So, how do you celebrate Family Day with a 1.5 year old and a 5 month old? You go to the local children's museum!!!
Baby CC and Baby Connor
2011
We went exploring at our local Natural History Museum.  The night before our special day, Connor fell face first and busted his nose up.  Can you tell?

Connor 2.5 years old, Calista 1year 5 months

Cutest Explorer Ever
2012
I was trying to get a re-do of the bed picture from 2009, but these two were way too busy. They were snuggled in, playing the I-pad.  We spent the day at the Natural History Museum AND the Children's Museum (we have passes now!).  It was a bunch of fun.

Look at the camera...

Take 2...

Take 3... oh I give up...

What big eyes you have...

The Next Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson?

Playing in the water!

Rope tunnel!

Cruising
Besides our initial Adoption Finalization Day, we then have lunch at the same restaurant.  It's very yummy and right on the river so Connor can watch the barges and tug-boats go by.  Does Calista watch them? Nope, she usually sleeps through lunch :)

I cannot believe he has been mine for 4 years.  It really has been a blink of an eye-- and where did that baby girl go?!  I cannot believe how big they are both getting.  I fear one day I am going to go to bed, then wake up to find they are grown with their own families... even when I'm in the thick of a crazy day with two littles, one day I will yern for these days...ok, maybe not the days when they had a complete diaper blow out...

1 comment: