Monday, August 15, 2011

SeaMonkey's Pre-Birthday Celebrations

Ceese-a-roni turned 2 last weekend. Oh, has time FLOWN! Her theme was Ni Hao Kai Lan; it's been her favorite cartoon for 2 years.  Seriously, she LOVES that little cartoon. The funny thing is, little CC will quickly walk up to you; wave her little hand while proclaiming, "NI HAO!"  Baby Girl has command of the Mandarin Chinese language, it's just that pesky English that trips her up!

In going with our weekend long birthday celebrations, CC started with a trip night trip to our zoo on Thursday. 

Calista got to pet a giant monitor:
Monitor Lizard (I forget the exact kind)
 
"Hi Lizard!" says CC
Then Connor was able to do this:

Yes, nice lady in purple, I trust my 3year old can handle a 27 year old Python
Snake Charmer Connor, he LOVES his reptiles!
Then we walked around the Zoo, and it was SO peaceful.  Seriously, if I could live at the Zoo I might. The home around it are lovely, except for the fact most of them are crack houses, totally run down and nearly destroyed. But, the architecture is BEAUTIFUL.  I already picked out the one I want.  Really, it's across the street from the Elephants- how cool would that be?! Whoops, that's a topic for another day. But, I got this perfect picture of my little girl. 

Ni Hao! I'm 2


The next day, we went to our Newport Aquarium.  The Aquarium now boosts about 5 different types of penguins-- and we know that is one of Calista's F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E things ever!  (CC's quick list of favorites: Kai Lan (aka- Kai-Kai), Beads, and Penguins (aka- Peng-Pengs).  I thought it might be a nice break from our normal Zooing.  I could not have been more wrong. Calista had the BEST EVER public meltdown. It was full out shrieking, screaming, failing on the floor.  I got to be "That" parent, the "bad" parent that allowed her to melt without much of a second glance, "Oh look, a lion fish..." People pointed, whispered, and stared as CC continued to melt, and I went along looking at more fish.  Yeah...that was a proud moment. On and off all visit she was melty. To make things 400% worse, about 6 different summer pre-schools were visiting as well as a ton of other summer visitors. It was super busy. But, I was in this for the 5 species of penguins, and their new exhibit. Connor and I got to see the sharks and alligators (between CC melts).  We petted the sharks, and next up was the penguins. The anticipation was palpable. And it was one big giant LET DOWN.  Maybe they re-painted the rocks in the exhibits? It looked the same. The new interactive part - was some man dressed as a penguin interacting with 2 cartoon penguins on a nice flat screen TV. Cheesy, so very cheesy. I was extremely disappointed.  I can see penguins behind glass at the Zoo, I should have been happy with the 4 types we have there. Oh well.  But, CC was able to "hug" a penguin statue. Glad we at least got the discount tickets (we saved $4).  What a waste. I learned we are not aquarium people. Alas, I still had my camera, sooooo....

Before Meltdown that included ripped off and chucking the bow on her head

WE LOVE SHARKS!


"Hug-Hug-Hug"


Must place Peng-Peng in choke hold so he cannot escape



Peng-Peng Rides? I think we broke a rule on this one...



Nemo

More Nemo
So, the Aquarium was a bust, then we had a great lunch (where we almost left CC's new peng-peng).  The rest of Friday we had events (softball and a Party for Mammy). 

Then late that evening, I decided to ice Calista's cake. It was a disaster. The WHOLE cake top and sides crumbled as I iced them.  It made the cake look like it had a really bad case of acne (FYI if your cake top is moist and tacky- DO NOT ICE --- cut it off first!!!). It looked horrible; I was so upset. At 11:30pm at night, I went outside, under the full moon and did a Moon Salute (it's a yoga thing, I did not go and literally "salute" to the moon).  I entered back in the house, got my knife and fixed that stupid cake. By, 2AM the cake and cupcakes were ready to party... to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment