Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

Now presenting a multitude of pictures from our Fourth of July celebrations.

Celebration #1 - My Dad and Amy's Enon, OH
Ideally, this was supposed to be where the kids first saw fireworks.  Dad's place is next to a VFW that does a huge fireworks display. We were all very excited. HOWEVER, due to some technical issues (i.e. Activa and I are not friends), we left early before any fireworks.  A very fun grill out, but Momma wrecked the littles first fireworks experience. But, before my Activa kicked in, we played, watched the Daytona race, ate, visited and had a lot of fun.  Calista had on a very cute patroit dress, but after and hour she looked at me, pulled the dress and screamed, "OUT!"  So, much for my girlie girl; she switched to shorts and t-shirt and (of course) her signature beads.  By the end of our day, I had to very tired and happy kids. 


Amy, CC, Jeff, Connor, Dad, and Kim
 Celebration #2- Uncle Dan's  and Aunt Kelly's House
Typically, the Beacon Street Gang has some great fireworks.  However, for some reason this year, the fireworks were on hold.  Blah, opportunity #2 for "Let the Littles See Fireworks" is thwarted.  This was not a bust, on the contrary, we all got to hang out, grill, play in the water and laugh.  Oh boy we laughed, spent time together and were all just silly.  I was very photo happy on this occasion... check them out...

CC and her signature beads...even while in the Alligator pool


Connor Swinging on the big swing

Hi!
Miss Pretty...still with her beads

I love my Uncle's smile on this one as he cracks up at Connor

The girls...Mom, CC, Me, Aunt Kelly and AnnMarie
Uncle Dan and Chris
Nana and Connor
Goose on a Goose
Mommy and Connor
Leaning...and Eating a Zinger
CC and her friend the Goose
The Goose was the hit of the party!
Kids preparing to get drenched
Connor throwing water at CC as she laughs
OK, this photo is just cool with how the water looks
  Later this evening, the kids crashed, while Jeff and I watched fireworks on our driveway.

Celebration #3- Aunit Nee-Nee and Uncle To's House
This celebration WAS on the 4th of July!  We all got to swim in the pool and eat WAYYYY too much! Connor decided this was the day he was going to swim in his life vest.  He did GREAT!!! Also, he decided it was time to graduate from jumping off the side of the pool, to trying the diving board. He was fearless - which is completely opposite from last year where he clung to me like a pilot fish on a shark. (FYI- yes I goggled "fish that sucks on a shark" to come up with that analogy). 

Not to be shown up by her brother, Calista also decided to jump from the diving board - WITHOUT life vest.  She did it 3 times, and once completely went under.  She is one brave little girl!!! Time to get them both swim lessons, I am amazed at how much they REALLY love the water. Needless to say, I was also in the water a lot. So, not as many pictures as I'd like. But, I really enjoyed spending the time with the kids!

Now.... PICTURES!!!!

Stepping up on the board

Walking to the edge

Cheese for Mommy

The Big JUMP

SPLASH!!!

CC with Aunt/Godmother Katy (and Matt)

Kaiden, Samarra and Connor 
cousins swimming

Learning to "walk" around the pool

My boys of Summer
We had a lovely weekend spending it with our families.  I just wish I would have take more pictures, and that we would have been able to do the fireworks...There is always next year -- or -- maybe they will get to see our big Labor Day WEBN Fireworks.. hmm....

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend full of fun and family! I love CC's sense of style - my kind of girl:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pics. Love the one of you and Connor! Looks like a great holiday with the fam!

    ReplyDelete