So, what do a stuffed owl and an I-touch have in common? Both were lost on Saturday, at separate locations, unbeknownst to their owner. What is unique about this? Both were also RETURNED by nice and honest people.
We went to the Zoo Saturday morning. CC has been attached to this little owl. I guess, while getting her from the car to the stroller our little "hoo-hoo" fell out of the car. We had no idea. After a few hours at the zoo, I arrived at our car to find our little "hooter" stuffed between the car and my passenger mirror. I was truly amazed by the beauty. Someone realized my little girl dropped her beloved little owl, and they were honest enough to return our little owl. I was touched and realized I needed to thank the Universe for the kindness of others.
On our way home, we went to lunch. At lunch, I let CC watch a video on my I-touch.
*ASIDE: I just got Jeff and I-touch for his Birthday. I gave him a little "speech" on not mis-placing it. Yes, I ate my words.
Back to lunch, at some point, my I-touch fell out of my camera bag. When we got home, about an hour later, I realized it was missing. I called the restaurant and no luck. I thought it was gone forever. But, then, I checked my email. A note from a nice girl stating she found my I-touch and to email her back.
I was floored. Twice in one day. Kindness and honesty. And here I thought those people did not exist and longer. Sunday, I met the girl and gave her a small gesture of my gratitude, and she returned my I-touch.
Just when you are ready to think most humans suck, a moment such as this happens. Flat out kindness and thinking of others. I am listening Universe, I will pay this back and forward. I will let this kindness continue as I bet it will touch another person's soul as much as it touched mine.
Thank you kind strangers. May your kindness be returned to you two-fold (at least).
What a nice story! I see you also rely on "brightly colored I-touch cover" as a means of reducing the chance you leave it behind. Mine is bright turquoise! As for the owl... You need to buy a second one. LOL! We have two "doggies" now. Allie latched on to this cute little stuffed dog a friend gave me. We try to draw some lines, like I have insisted she not take it to daycare. But she looooves that thing. So I had to go oneline and hunt down a second identical one. Very helpful to have a backup for laundry, moments of misplacement, or just plain "I'm too lazy to go back upstairs to get it." :)
ReplyDelete