Monday, May 9, 2011

Not Hallmark's version of Mother's Day...

Our weekend took an unexpected turn.  A very ugly stomach bug flew through our home rendering us all ill at some point in time.  All my plans for Jeff's birthday ended when I became ill right before dinner...I was infected by Connor, who was ill on Thursday.  We proceeded to infect everyone around us.

CC and I were ill Friday evening into Saturday afternoon, then poor Jeff got it Sunday morning.  We were lucky this was a quick and very dirty bug that lasted about 12 hours.  Sorry again to all we infected- we had no idea.

Needless to say, Mother's Day was no Hallmark card day for us.  All of our Mother's were slightly neglected.  I think they all understand as Jeff was still ill and the rest of us were recovering.  Wow, next time the Universe needs us to relax, I'd prefer something other than the stomach bug to make me do it.  But, my Mother's Day was not a complete wash.

It was peaceful.  Poor Jeff was in bed recovering, so it was me and the kids.  Us 3 without anything planned.  We played, we played more, we watched movies, we snacked, we opened Christmas gifts that were still un-played with; we just hung out.  Connor and I played with worms outside.  He was grossed out to discover that worms poop.  Then he was trying to explain to Jeff that the birds ate his worms.  However, Connor kept stating, "Da-da, worms EAT birds."
On Sunday while the kids were napping, Jeff asked me one thing (between bathroom trips). "Would you rather be non-barfing and healthy- but where we were 7 years ago...OR... sharing a bathroom barfing with your daughter ruining the perfect Hallmark Mother's Day?" Me: "I would happily barf with my daughter over dealing with the pain and what-if's of infertility." So, there you have it, being a parent (while barfing), trumps health and dealing with stupid infertility. I know many a person who would happily be barfing with their daughter on Mother's Day over dealing with the pain of inferility.


By 7pm, Jeff felt alive so we all played for a little while outside.  Here are some pictures of our very quiet Mother's Day...and a few of the Angry Bird Cake I created for Jeff that went un-eaten.  Seriously, I ended up throwing out a ton of food, as I did not want to repeat that 12 hour bug again. YUCK. 


My best attempt at an "Angry Bird" Cake

Cupcakes

Decorations

Smilie CC (pre bug)
Then some fun Mother's Day Pictures...
Pretty CC

She's a cool rider

Connor on his motor-cycle

Sweet Ride

Pondering...something...


Connor's Boo-boo (i.e. Connor's Red Knee)

1 comment: