Friday, March 11, 2011

Toy Pet Peeve or Why OCD and toddlers don't mix

Slowly.  It happened very slowly.  Almost methodically.  A little cute fuzzy rattle here, a cute little stuffed animal there...And the minute I have these cute little baskets filled with cute little toys, bedlam (i.e. a 2nd Birthday, then a 1st birthday) hit.  Our toys exponentially increased. A near explosion. I am fine with a plethora of toys, really I am!  The kids have fun, they are great projectiles, etc.  But, I have 2 of the BIGGEST Pet Peeves in regards to toys....

And they are Super Stupid

1. I hate when toys have missing parts
2. All like toys should be grouped.  Weebles belong in the WEEBLE BIN, Little People belong in the LITTLE PEOPLE BIN - they do not intermix.  Never. Ever. and Dinosaurs do not belong in either a Weeble or Little People bin.  They belong with Dinos and other ANIMALS.

There I said it.  All toy parts should remain with that toy, and toys do NOT intermingle.  If you use a puzzle in OUR HOUSE - all pieces should be accounted for at the end of the day.  If you play with the toy plates and food, I should not find a escaped spoon with my building blocks. 

But, YES they can be played with together. However, when clean up time comes - Y'all go to the right place.  I HATE, HATE, HATE when I open up a toy bin and it's overflowing with babies, little people, a weeble, hotwheels, a couple pieces of puzzle, have a building barrel, etc.  It drives my twisted little brain MAD.  I think Jeff knows this. I further think my husband does said toy mixing to mess with me.

How do I know this?

Well, this matching situation began back at the time of bottles.  I had some blue bottles with blue tops, teal bottle with teal top and one yellow bottle. Teal to teal, blue to blue, then yellow.  Jeff seemed to notice a pattern of my NEVER interchanging the colors. So, when Jeff emptied this dishwasher, he'd do this... Teal and blue and then my yellow bottle would have a blue top.  O.M.G. I could not handle it.  I had to change them all back to "normal" (i.e.Kim Normal) before I could make them up.  Yes, I know a mis-matched bottle works just as fine as a non-matched bottle...BUT- I could not do it.  HENCE.......................

My now issue with toys in like groups.  It's bad.  One might say I have a touch of OCD.  One might be right. I blame it on infertility. I do.  Ok, I do now, because I refuse to believe I have OCD ways (but I do, this is simply and excuse and I prefer to blame all my weird issues on infertility).

Yes, INFERTILITY has made me a little looney.  Which is OK, it makes me funny.  Hear me out.  With dealing with infertility, I was never in control.  As a control freak- this is BAD.  So, once I kicked infertility's ass via adoption, it kicked back.  It made me need to control small things in my grasp - hence the bottle situation.  Now, this bottle situation has stemmed into this odd toy situation. Which has evolved into a weird situation of things being in their place. Or, let me clarify, the place in which Kim feels they must live. 

I have a weird little noodle in my cranium.  It runs funny.  I know this. But, know, if you ever help me clean up toys.  Once you leave, I'll be separating out those Little People you put in the Weebles, so I can sleep at night.

Separate, but Equal... But where do those Dinos Go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment