We had a SUPER great time at the zoo. Connor and CC LOVED seeing all the "ho-ho" lights that decorated the Zoo. We roared like tigers, ohh-ohh-ahh-ahh'ed like monkeys, sssssss'ssssed like snakes. In general we acted like a very silly family. I took a moment to let the moment sink in and realize how long we waited for moments like that. You know to be a SILLY FAMILY!
As the evening progressed, crowds grew, patience thinned, kids began the melt. Since we are in the mist of potty training, every potty we crossed, we stopped to try. After our second stop, we saw the Polar bears. As Jeff took Connor out of the stroller to see, I noticed his Deigo undies hanging around his right foot. Apparently, Connors pants got pulled up, but Deigo was left at this ankle. So, Connor enjoyed the rest of the zoo sans Diego undies. :)
At one point Jeff and I were thristy and decided to split an adult beverage. So, I took the kids while Jeff waited in this LONG line. Little did I know, some nut job was complaining to the manager as Jeff was waiting in line, and waiting. As he waited, CC began crying and wanting to be held and (of course) Connor decided he had to potty....NOW....I really hoped this beer was worth it, cuz at that point all I wanted to do was head directly into the car.
I hurried to the potty cursing in my head, how it sucks to maneuver a double stroller in a crowded zoo, alone, grrr. We arrived at the bathroom, and I could feel crabby Kim coming to the surface. I wheeled in to find the wheelchair accessible stall taken and realized my stroller was not fitting well between the wall and this sink. I get cranky shove the stroller, drink holder went flying, CC is crying, Connor has to pee, I'm irritated. The people FINALLY leave the stall (a Mom and 2 kids - I should have been more understanding). I get Connor in, realize I have NOTHING to clean the seat with- add more irritation - yell at Connor to "Stay right there and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING." As I get the wipes, he goes to the toilet paper holder - and proceeds to bust it open exposing 6 rolls of white papery fun. As I am totally about to lose it, I stop. Really, I did. I physically and mentally stopped. I took a breath. Laughed. The funniness of the situation kicked in.
Idiot Mom with huge stroller bounds into restroom with 2 screaming kids. She bumps into walls and ricochets off a sink, drink holder with empty beer cup goes flying, and she finally rushes into a stall. Leaves the stall door open for the world, her kid busts open the toilet paper holder, and she giggles.
I did, I laughed at myself. Once I did that, Connor relaxed, CC stopped crying. We cleaned the potty and had a successful potty trip. We met up with Jeff who had a cold beer in hand. After I took a nice long swig, I told him that crabby Kim about joined our group, but I stopped her. Instead of being all, "Way to go Kim!" He was all, "Yeah, that crabby Kim visit too much."
He's lucky I was in a good mood, because I am pretty sure crabby Kim would have tossed him in the Zoo lake and left him among the lights dancing to the Nutcracker Suite.
But instead, I laughed at him, we watched more dancing lights. I asked a man to take our photo, not the best but something to remember the moment. I'm not sure this guy ever used a camera before. As we arrived at the car, the Zoo's fireworks to celebrate New Years were going off. Connor and CC loved them. Once they were complete, we hopped in the car and went home. We missed bed time, but had a blast.
Jeff and I ordered carry out pizza, played cards, and rang in the New Year together. It was a little slice of heaven...
First Zoo Trip Sept 2009
First Trip to Zoo of 2010 - March
Last Zoo trip of 2010- Dec
Happy New Year from the H's!
Panda Baby New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment