Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm looking Frump-tastic! People of Walmart Beware, I am a Kim of Kroger!

My life- is interesting.  Really. I swear. Hence why in my uber interesting life, I found myself at Kroger at 7:45pm the night before a prospective snow storm.  Yeah, the utmost of excitement. I know, settle down, the excitement is overwhelming.

I had to go to Kroger because Jeff and I are sick of eating the same thing over and over. So, I decided we are going to try some meat Au Jous sandwich.  The recipe calls for Rump Roast (i.e. Cow Ass). OK, I'm not really sure if Rump Roast really is Cow Ass, but the logic works, and it's kinda funny.  I felt sorta weird asking the butcher, "So, where is the rump roast?"  There at the Rump Section was a typical Mom- but she was dressed, like in a non-Slacker Mom outfit.  I even think her hair was clean and had hair spray in it.  This is what I looked like:

  Yes, "frumpy" is a nice word for that look.  OK, so I missed my shower today, due to some kid taking 30minutes to poo before his nap.  Hence, the greasy hair in pony tail look.  The red coat is very cute, with jean and a nice top.  However, unzipped, not so flattering over an XXL black sweatshirt circa 1996.  Note the running shoes are about 3 years old with many miles on them. And my pi'ece de re'sistance - Faux Prada bag a la ChinaTown in NYC (Thanks again Katy and Jayne!).  So, yes, I look a little frumpy. Back to the Cow Ass.

I thought proper Mom and I were gonna fight over the last Cow Butt roast.  Lucky for her, the butcher found another one.  Apparently, Mom-of-Children-older-than -1 and 2, is also making an Au Jous tomorrow night.  Great minds, ah....

I have my roast and have a few other things to pickup.  And let me be honest, I was enjoying the quiet alone time at the super market.  I decided to check out their 70% off Christmas stuff.  They had Candy Canes, a few trees, some toy boxes... Hey- we need toy boxes! I picked up Cars and Tinkerbell toy boxes for the kids -- regularly $65- on sale for $19.  I was enjoying the high of finding a good deal... then came Guy.  I was inspecting the White Pine Fur Tree with 350multi-colored lights and 1400+tips for $39.  Our tree is sorta fat, so I thought it might fit our room a bit better (note: no live tree in our house because I enjoy AIR and LIVING and not going into a major asthma attack). For $39 can I really lose?!  I heft the tree into the cart with my toy boxes and Cow Ass/Butt Roast. Still enjoying my shopping high, then I hear a voice.  Guy was asking me about the tree price and he explained he got a great after Christmas deal too and HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HAVING SOMEONE LOOK AT YOUR CLOSET?   

Huh? Is dude a California Closet guy, cuz I could use some organization.  Noooo, not like that.  Not even close.

Guy was about 5'8 and looked very LA.  Very. Right down to the 1.5 cart diamond earrings in each ear.  Mind you, his ears were covered with this wrap around ear warmer thing, but the lobes escaped showing these massive earrings.  He goes to tell me, he recently moved from LA (ding-ding) to Cincinnati to be with his Mom.  He was into fashion in LA and has brought his company here to Cincinnati.  He has an eye for fashion, do's and do nots for ladies. He thought enough to even give me his card.  I was in my own nightmare version of 'What Not to Wear' minus Stacy and Clinton. And minus that $5,000 shopping card.

Wow, that was something. Ok, so I did check out his website when I got home, and I could use some fashion help, but... Really.... not cool as I was on my shopping high... at Kroger... looking frumpy...And running into him with his perfectly highlighted blonde hair was not cool. Small blow to the self-esteem.  However, we both agreed on one thing, Jeggings are NOT for everyone.  Then again, I am the one still wearing that sweatshirt, circa 1996.... Yeah, glass houses, I hear ya you Jegging wearers! 
  
If you want to check out Jason- Here is his website:

PS- Feel free to tell Stacy and Clinton about me, I really could use a make over. Really... I'll even wear this outfit to prove how fashion unsavvy I am.

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up!!! I LOVE reading your posts! This is classic and I am not sure what I would have done in your situation. It gave me a good laugh this morning, just what I needed!
    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture really made this post -- good thinking to include it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that sweatshirt!... And, I know that look... And, I know that shopping high. We do not, however, have metrosexual men from LA who move to rural Delawhere? to live with their mothers. But clearly, that's a good thing, giving me the freedom to frump about all I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, C'mon!! Where's my CLOSE UP!??? LMAO girl...I love this...I love it because I AM it.

    ReplyDelete