Scene- Jeff and Kim alone in the car, on their way to pick up their young children. Snow is beginning to fall, we are both silent enjoying the pleasant weekend we had together. And both happy we are 3/4 done Christmas shopping.
On the radio, a song from the past pops on... Gin Blossoms, a favorite band of our from the early 1990's. We sing along and remember jamming to this song in Jeff's 1985 Yellow Chevy Camero with T-tops. I miss that car...
I lean to my husband, heart full of memories; there might have even been a tear in my eye.. This December 26th will mark 18 years of us being together. We were 17 and 18... Ah, youth. As I am thinking this, I look lovingly at my husband. I ask....
"If you could go back in time, what would you tell Young Jeff from 1992."
In my head, I think he'll answer something sweet. He'll say something about how to make young Jeff fall in love with young Kim. He hesitates for about 0.5 seconds and says....
"Run, I'd tell young Jeff to RUN!!!!"
Yep, I married a funny one. This is my reality, I cannot even make this stuff up.
I'm sure that was short for "I'd tell him to run into your arms!!!"
ReplyDeleteMEN can't live with them and can't live without them but there are days when I'd like to try..lol
ReplyDelete