Monday, December 6, 2010

Random Weekend Musings....

Friday.....

Decided after dinner to place ornaments on the tree.  Connor was doing great, he really decorated this 4 inch area with about 15 ornaments.  As he was helping me, CC was tearing off ornaments and chucking them across the room.  Needless to say, my beloved crystal and vintage Peanuts ornaments are safe and sound on our mantle.  But, doesn't every tree have one of these?


Saturday....
CC awoke and continued her destruction on the tree.  I left and did the BEST EVER 'SuperMarket Sweep' shopping before yoga.  In 40minutes, I stopped and recycled paper, went to Michaels for more adhesive for my Christmas cards, diapers and paper goods at Sam's, then Yoga.  I was only 2 minutes late for yoga - and 2 days later I am still sore from that class!

CC continued to wreck havoc on the tree, so now all the ornaments are up even higher... No Martha Stewart type tree this year for us....




And we realized our BEAUTIFUL perfect Angel is a FIRE HAZARD!!! Looking up her skirt (that sounds very dirty) we discovered some melted tree on her bulbs that light her. Oh, and this delightful brown residue that looked like SMOKE DAMAGE.  To save the Angel, Jeff cut out the electric to keep his crazy wife from trying to plug in the melty fire hazard, and as he placed her on the tree he shoved a few lights under her skirt to illuminate her.  She looks pretty good - you know for a fire hazard!

Saturday evening, we decided to go to our local Tree lighting ceremony!  We bundled up the kids, arrived onsite, to realized someone (me) read the times wrong.  The tree was lit, festivities were over, we missed it.  However, Super Jeff saved the day as we drove around looking for "Ho-Ho Lights" to show Connor.  He was in OVERLOAD. "Momma, ho-ho light! Green-Ho-ho, red ho-ho, blue ho-ho, REINDEER!" etc - it was super cute and funny.  We had a nice family evening spent in the car driving all around, but the BEST display is in our neighborhood.  These people went ALLL out.  I will have to take a picture of their house and ours.  Jeff and I did not do to bad either!

Sunday...

Genius Mom (me) decided we should go to CHURCH.  We arrived to Mass, discovered we had 2 of the 3 kids under the age of 5.  Mass was spent trying to keep the kids amused with drawing, looking at the stained glass, eating Goldfish, etc.  I was unaware I could get such a good workout from Mass.  By the time we got to the car, Jeff and I were exhausted.  I am happy to announce, no child went up the main aisle naked and screaming - so church was a success!!! We will try again next week (sorry in advanced to all those sitting around us!)

The rest of Sunday was nice and calm, we went to lunch, hung out with a few friends.  The kids napped wonderfully so I could finish making my Christmas cards (next year I WILL start them in OCTOBER!).  All in all we had a nice relaxed evening... As we were ready to wrap up the day, I went upstairs to check on the kids on my way to bed.
I ventured into Connor's room, expecting to see my sleeping son, and cover him up on this chilly night. Instead, I was greeted with, "Hi Momma!" Umm... it's 11:00pm, why are his eyes open? Why is he talking? Then I hear the dreaded, "Oh-No Momma...." Yikes, the light was still off... was I gonna find vomit? A dirty diaper? Oh what would the light show me??? I turned on the light, and there before me was a completely naked 2 year old laying in the fetal position in his bed not a cover or ANYTHING on him. The beauty of learning how to dress himself, also brings the beauty of how to UN-DRESS himself.
So, at some point he unzipped his PJ's, took off his diaper and decided to lay naked. He decides this when it's 20 degrees outside?! Now, what else happens when you are naked, and closed in your room for the night, Oh yeah, sometimes you have to go to the POTTY. Double yikes!!! He was naked, wet and his tushy was cold as an ICE CUBE.
Needless to say, he got cleaned up, and hung with Daddy while I changed out his sheets.  I put on his doggie PJ's (apparently he did not like Jeff's choice of the Santa Monkey Pj's) and back to bed he went. But, of all the things I was expecting at 11pm last night... I did not expect a naked 2 year to kiss me goodnight...

That was one way to cap off a pretty good and snowy weekend :)

Now, Christmas card out takes!
I love how you can see him saying CHEESE and CC has that "get me outta here" look

Yep, he's wearing the dogs antlers....

This was a hug that turned into a tackle

 CC wears the antlers
 
This is a "hat" Connor made. Tons of fun until it fell down over his eyes and he ran into the corner of the wall. 


Happy Monday!
Happy Saint Nicholas Day!

Also, Thinking of Gramma today too...maybe I should make Gnocchi for dinner. Hope you and Paw-Paw are dancing up in heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment