The kid naps in his bed. Without leaving. OK, well for today... :)
Mean Mommy decided to Woman Up and find a good solution. After reading and Googling and rolling my eyes at some suggestions, Jeff and I got a game plan. OK, truth be told, I told Jeff the game plan, and he agreed. From day 1 of Toddler Bed he said, "Our job is to get him to STAY IN BED." Promptly after making that statement, Jeff ran off to softball that first night. :) And after that Connor stayed in bed for a few weeks. Then he began to wonder around. Really, I figured quiet and in his room was good. But, we see how that went (refer to last week's post if you forgot).
Solution you ask? Ok, not the "nicest Mommy" approach (i.e probably not something Michelle Dugger would do), but....
1. All Books I Hold Dear are OUT of his room. Only books in there are like 12 that he has partially already destroyed.
2. Toys that allow him to reach the lights- GONE
3. Toys that are great to play with - GONE
Only things to "play" with are a handful of stuffed animals, his favorite sleepy buddies and 2 books are in his bed. We began operation "STAY IN BED" on Monday. The afternoon was rough, I had to go in his room at least 15times to put him back in bed. I did it all robo-Mom style, no talking , just back in bed. After #5, Mean Mom began to appear so, we started taking out a toy each time I went in (sooo evil, right?). By #15 trip, all he had in his bed and bedroom was his B (blanket soothy guy), and himself. He then quickly fell asleep.
Day 2- I only had to go in about 5 times. Only took out a few animals (not his favs) and he went to sleep really quickly! SUCCESS!!!!
Day 3- TODAY- put him to nap. He stayed in bed, read a book about Kitties. Practiced saying Kit-Tee TAT, for 20 minutes. Never left his bed, and fell fast asleep. Today is a success.
HOWEVER----
Next door, there is now a 1 year old boycotting her nap. Ugh. I think she is changing her nap time. When Connor started doing this, we went from a 1:30pm nap to 3pm to 5pm nap. I think by January she'll be a single napper. But as long as she naps, THAT is the important part.
Back to my general rant, non-child related.
A gentleman I went to grade school with was murdered. So shocking. Granted, I have not spoken to him in years, but through a mutual friend got periodic updates. Very shocking in our little part of town, things like that just don't happen. You know statistics they give you at graduation always say, one of you will experience a violent crime. I know I thought they were nuts, and here, years after our 8th grade graduation it happened. So very sad. Prayers to his family and I know he's up with the angels (and his older brother) both at peace.
Next oversharing:
I ran into a grade school classmate, and she informed me she is going to be a grandmother next year. Yeah, grandmother at 34/35. That one still has me a little speechless. However, not all of us get the luxury of choosing when our babies come to us. For her, they came quickly in her life, but she states her oldest helped her turn her life around. I told her my kids came later to us, because God knew I could NOT have dealt with a little one any sooner than 33. I thought I could have, but looking back, I thought I was ready, but I really wasn't. Anyway, now, her kids are grown, she's doing well for herself and is excited for her grandbaby. Still shocking to me, but you know what, if her and her family are happy- who am I to judge? Non of my business, but there is a shock factor on that one.
Last random thought, I follow a few blogs and I'm sad when they don't update regularly. I'm going to try and do better. More updates and more oversharing :)
I know this was a hair dull. Work is going to be tough the next couple weeks and my creative juices seem to be empty!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment