Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pre-Chemo Day

Thanks for all the support!! Yesterday, I did end up cutting my hair shorter.  I have to say, the #3 guard, I like this hair cut the best.  Finally, my hair does not hurt that much. 

 
I was helping the kids with homework, and it was just falling out around me.  I took matters in my own hands and cut it.  This is probably be the last step until it's all gone.  Connor and Calista both think it is a boy hair cut.  We reviewed the facts of the matter. I reminded them, "The medicine Mommy takes, makes her hair fall out.  But, it will be back."  I decided to not wear a hat to our little cheer party, a few of the little girls came up and asked where my hair went.  I gave them the same explanation.  Then a few asked to touch it- no worries! Connor states people can tell I'm a girl because I wear lipstick.  I have to say, I asked him, if my boobs (foobs) would be an indicator.  He said no, some boys also have boobs, but they hang down.  [OMG- I about died when he explained that to me!!!!] To insure I look like a girl, I need to start wearing more lipstick.  I used to wear it a lot, but, when I started in the pulmonary function business, I got tired of seeing it on all the filters an mouth pieces we use on the equipment to measure lung function.  So, I stopped wearing it.  Time to break it back out.
 
In pre-chemo day, we are back on uber healthy food choices, I have to say, yesterday was my cheat day.  I have my chemo notebook back charting my meds and foods.  I have to start my steroids today and go back on the ole stool softener.  As you recall, being stopped up was a BIG, GIANT issue last time. TMI, but it is the truth of the matter.

Yesterday, my eyes were fine.  But, today, my stupid left eye is back acting like an asshole.  I figure, I will just keep putting in a new contact until my surplus is gone.  (Aside, I wear disposable contacts.  I have been in contacts since I was entering 4th grade.  I switched to 15 day disposable a long time ago, hence why I have a surplus.) 

In any case, today I finish up laundry, ensure we are stocked up on things, call the stupid HR group.  The HR mess is obnoxious.  Number 1, they have been contacting the WRONG doctor this whole time. Number 2, the doctor they SHOULD have been contacting, HR has had the WRONG phone/fax number since September.  Tell me, who the hell have they been contacting this whole time?! I think it's safe to say, I will not be receiving a pay check this week.  Incompetent jerks.

I'm going to take my husband's advice he left me this morning....



HR and Cancer can suck it.

2 comments:

  1. Kim .... I love the Nita wig (she was one spunky foul mouth lady) and hug your mom for me! The Thanksgiving hats to much. I hope youe have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the perfect name?! I totally thought she would be proud I was trying to go red- LOL!!!

      Delete