Here in 2011:
http://lovey1226.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html
Here in 2012:
http://lovey1226.blogspot.com/2012/07/best-and-worst-day-in-adoption.html
Here in 2014:
http://lovey1226.blogspot.com/2014_07_01_archive.html
The story remains the same. Relinquishment papers, sadness, promises, hugs, love, hope, joy, guilt, a new family. It's been 7 years. And thank God we (Dana and us) have this open adoption thing kind of figured out. I think we have really crossed the bridge of really knowing not just each other, but each other's heart. We have gone from acquaintances, to good friends. We are like a little family. Not by blood but connected forever because of our love for that little boy. The one who just drenched me with a water squirter (should be named a water cannon because I am drenched).
We had lunch on his actual birthday, this year I took group pictures like I did 7 long years ago. What I notice most is, these smiles are genuine. Not forced and not through tears.
Yes, you may require a tissue...
All the words in the world could never express
the way I feel about you.
I know our paths were meant to cross
I hope you feel that way too.
the way I feel about you.
I know our paths were meant to cross
I hope you feel that way too.
I wish for you a wonderful life
I know great things are in store for you
because you are strong and will never give up
you will make your dreams come true.
The day I had the pleasure of meeting you
I saw your beautiful face
My heart was filled with great peace
I felt our spirits embrace.
You have given me a treasure
I saw your beautiful face
My heart was filled with great peace
I felt our spirits embrace.
You have given me a treasure
I am grateful to you for giving him life
you were able to choose his fate
You chose to take the harder path
You proved your love was great.
I promise you that I will tell him of the great
courage that you have shown,
And that he is deeply loved by another
to him you will not remain unknown.
I hope you will find comfort in knowing
he is deeply loved and cherished too
he will never want for anything
I owe his life to you.
I pray for guardian angels
you were able to choose his fate
You chose to take the harder path
You proved your love was great.
I promise you that I will tell him of the great
courage that you have shown,
And that he is deeply loved by another
to him you will not remain unknown.
I hope you will find comfort in knowing
he is deeply loved and cherished too
he will never want for anything
I owe his life to you.
I pray for guardian angels
to guide you and ease your way
I know you will always feel our saviors love
because of the sacrifice you made today.
I know you will always feel our saviors love
because of the sacrifice you made today.
Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment